Stone Edge Going Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Edge Going Live

We are going live with Stone Edge shortly. If anybody using this with 3dcart has any tips or suggestions (before import, during conversion, after, etc) I would really appreciate any tips, tricks or "OMG Don't press THAT button"). There are alot of settings and trying to get them correct based on 3dcart and our method of doing business seems a tadd overwhelming at the moment.

Thanks
    David

You will love the convenience and will wonder how did you ever run your business without Stone Edge.
    I am glad to help if you have specific questions.

Comment

If possible, do it a step at a time. You don't need to turn everything on all at once.

For example:
      1. Bar code and print labels as needed for all items.
      2. Get a scale the works with SE and start doing postage - I am at this stage :-)
      3. Start printing invoices from SE
      4. Start using SE with bar code scanner with invoices
      5. Sync. inventory Then you will need to figure out SE's returns.
      6. Start using SE for PO's

Comment

It has been a long time (2006) but getting the Stone Edge stuff working wasn't terribly hard, we also did an accelerated step program like ritchey.

It was hard for us to get the Quickbooks integration correct. If you are going to use this part, I would highly suggest involving your CPA/Accountant from the start and making sure you check QB before and after imports to make sure everything is posting where you want it to.

HTH,

DaveW

Comment

Quick shipping question using Endica:

1. Do the button to weigh always need to be pressed in Stone Edge?
          2. Can postage type always need to be selected manually in Endicia?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ritchey View Post
            Quick shipping question using Endica:

1. Do the button to weigh always need to be pressed in Stone Edge?
            2. Can postage type always need to be selected manually in Endicia?

Thanks!
            I'm not sure exactly what you mean (both questions are written kind of ambiguously), but basically you can set weight and postage type in Stone Edge, and send it to Endicia, and then another Endicia window will pop up confirming that information. You can change it in Stone Edge, Endicia, or both.

Comment

When I put an item on a scale, in Stone Edge I need to click a button to scale /weigh button. Then you need to click a button send to Dazzle.

On the postage type, this appears to also need to be manually selected. It is currently selected from a drop down menu.

I would like if possible to have this automated.

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
              I'm not sure exactly what you mean (both questions are written kind of ambiguously), but basically you can set weight and postage type in Stone Edge, and send it to Endicia, and then another Endicia window will pop up confirming that information. You can change it in Stone Edge, Endicia, or both.

Comment

You can change a parameter to have it weigh automatically.

You can setup your postage type to be automatically selected as well. Do that in the setup wizard.

Comment

Thanks! Great info. that is much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X