Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search field

Hi All.
    For asome reason I do not have a search field on my shopping cart and cannot figure out how to activate it.HELP!!

You may first want to make sure that you don't have the search function turned off on your site. You can go to Settings>>General>>Store Settings. Under Store Display Features make sure that the box for "Hide search" is not turned off. If that's not the problem, maybe you don't have the right code.

The code I use is below (not sure what the generic code is). You can also check many of the frame files in the various folders under templates. You'll of course need to adjust the table/cell information, height, etc... depending on where you want to place it on your site. Mine happens to be in the left column.

CODE:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
    <td><!--START: FRAME_SEARCH-->
    <form method="get" action="search.asp" STYLE="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"><table width="100%" height="34" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

<tr>
    <td align="right" class="font3">&nbsp;[frame_search]</td>
    <td align="center" class="font3"><input name="keyword" type="text" class="txtBoxStyle2" value="enter keyword(s), theme" size="28" /></td>
    <td align="left" class="font3"><div align="left">
    <input type="submit" name="search" value="GO" class="btn" onMouseOver="this.className='btn_over'" onMouseOut="this.className='btn'" />
    </div></td></tr>
    </table>
    </form> <!--END: FRAME_SEARCH--> </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Hope this helps!

Comment

Scribe,

I used (stole) your code to move my search box. One question: Is there a way to have the default text in the searchbox automatically go away when you click on it? E.G. It says "Enter keyword(s)...." and you have to delete that first manually before entering your own search term.

Thanks,

DaveW

Comment

Answering my own question... :)

I used the following:

<input name="TEXTBOXNAME" type="text" id="TEXTBOXID" value="YOURTEXTBOXVALUE" size="20" maxlength="50" onfocus="if (value='YOURTEXTBOXVALUE') {value=''}" onblur="if (value=='') {value='YOURTEXTBOXVALUE'}" />
        Found on Google.

HTH Future Searchers,

DaveW

Comment

Working...
        X