Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SmarterMail...forwarding to more than one email address?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmarterMail...forwarding to more than one email address?

Hi all,

This is for those that use the SmarterMail email that comes with a 3D Cart account (I know, it is a terrible email service overall...one day I hope to have enough time to figure out how to switch it to Gmail For Business or something like that!).

In the meantime, does anyone know how to forward emails to more than one email address? I have it set up now where an email that goes to [email protected] forwards to my personal email as well, but I also want it to forward to a co-worker's email. I tried adding their email address separated by a comma (,), and when I sent a test email it didn't go to either one!

Can SmarterMail only forward to one email address?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    James

In the smartermail you should just be able to set up a second forwarder using your domains email.

EX:

[email protected] -> [email protected]
    [email protected] -> [email protected]

You set up two individual ones, not a group so to speak.

Comment

Thanks Evolution, this is the only way that I can find to add a forwarding email address when logged in to my SmarterMail dashboard (attached screenshot).

If I try putting a comma (,) after the only email address in there and adding a second email address after the comma, it doesn't seem to forward to either.

Is this what you were talking about?

Thanks again!
      James
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the image, it helps.

If you go to the Alias section you'll be where you want to be.

You'll create an alias and then you enter each forwarded address in the box on seperate lines.

Sticking with my past post.

In aliases click "New"

In name: sales
        In box: [email protected] <hit return> [email protected]
        [email protected]
        [email protected]

That should get you your multiple forwards.

Comment

Ok, I see now. Thank you so much! On a side note, I never put this one in there, but there is already one alias in the account:

[email protected]

Is that normal? Should I leave that there? Also, does this mean that all of our emails have also been forwarding to that email address this whole time?

Thanks again!
          James

Comment

Working...
          X