Buy x, Get Y Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy x, Get Y Free

I'm trying to set up a promo and am having a heck of a time. I want the promo to require the customer to buy at least 2 items in a certain category to get 1 item in another category (e.g. Buy any 2 pastas, get a pasta sauce mix free).

When I read the Promotion Guide, it said something about checking this field: "Order Quantity and Amount restrictions apply to specified products and categories only.", but my Admin area for the promotion doesn't show that field.

Here's a screen print:
    promoscreenprint.jpg

Has anyone set something like this up before?

Here's my web site URL: Home | The Farm Bertuccios

Thanks!
    Last edited by vswebdesign; 01-15-2013, 07:23 PM.
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

Uugh! I emailed support about this. First response was "You have to press the Advance button"...yeah, my screen print showed that. The second response was about the "Order Quantity and Amount..." field which he informed me was no longer supported. He said to set up the promo as "Normal"... If I knew how to do that, I wouldn't be emailing support....*extremely frustrated*
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

Comment

Hi vswebdesign,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having such a difficult time setting up the promo. I’m going to have some look into your support ticket UGU-812-41627

Sincerely,
      Fernando- CCO
      3dcart

Comment

Thank you, Fernando. Your help is extremely appreciated.
        Joanne Barker
        VS Web Design
        [email protected]

Comment

Hi,
          Requires coupon : make a choice
          Under "Order Quantity": enter Min: 2 Max:9999

Under
          "Applies if Products from these Categories are in the basket": choose categories

Under "Fixed Price Product: " at the very bottom, choose the free product.

It should work.

Comment

Thanks, elightbox. I got the promotion rules set up correctly. However, I'm not offering a free product. I want to give a 15% discount to all products in another category.

Is this possible?
            Joanne Barker
            VS Web Design
            [email protected]

Comment

My client wants to do the following:

Buy any 2 pastas (contained in the Pastas & Pasta Sauces>>Fettucine and Pastas & Pasta Sauces>>Linguine & Pappardelle categories), then get any pasta sauce mix at 15% off (contained in the Pastas & Pasta Saucees>>Pasta Sauces & Pestos category)

My client does a lot of promos of this nature and I just need to know if 3DCart can do them or I need to go back to my client to retweak the promos.
              Joanne Barker
              VS Web Design
              [email protected]

Comment

If I add the Pasta Sauce category to the Discount Applies to Products on these Categories: box, the discount works, but it applies it to ALL products from that category, not just 1 per 2 pastas ordered.
                Joanne Barker
                VS Web Design
                [email protected]

Comment

Just a followup...had a conversation with David from support, the way Buy X Get Y Free works is that the free has to be a specific product (no options) which gets added to the cart if the cart meets the Promotion Rules criteria.

The Promotion Manager set up can be a little confusing because of being able to specify categories of products and other things that may not really apply to the promotion you are setting up.

I'm sure it is on the to-do list, but a more comprehensive update to the Promotion Guide (samples, how the engine works, etc.) would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks, David, for helping me understand the promotion system better.
                  Joanne Barker
                  VS Web Design
                  [email protected]

Comment

Hi vswebdesign,

I'm glad that David was able to answer your Promotion Manager question. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you or anyone else reading this post encounters any issues with our Support Department. Thank you again vswebdesign.

Sincerely,
                    Fernando- CCO
                    3dcart

Comment

Working...
                    X