issuing refunds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issuing refunds

Here's a scenerio, a customer orders and pays with paypal. then for whatever reason, I'm not able to fulfill the order and I need to refund the order. The financial part is not an issue but how do I get the refund to reflect in my sales?...IE, change my overall sales amount and put the product back in stock?...If I simply cancel the order will it do this?

Hey, did you ever find an answer to this? I have to do that this evening. Got a product that was ordered that's discontinued so I'm issuing a partial refund. I'm going to try to do it via the 3dcart interface and seeing if it updates Paypal automatically.

Comment

Do you not just add a custom transaction consisting of a manual credit??
      - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

I pinged support on it and at least with Google Checkout and Paypal Express you have to go into the Google or Paypal sites to issue the refunds. Cannot do that from within 3dcart admin. What you can do is update the order to show your 3dcart stats but that's about it.

Comment

Right - those are third-party services, so you're going to need to log into Paypal and / or Google Checkout to issue your refund. You can take the additional step of reflecting that credit within the 3D Cart admin if you want to.
          - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Ended up adjusting the sale info in 3dcart and then had to login to Paypal to refund it manually. So all is good now.

Comment

when you hit cancel, on the order in 3dcart it deducts it from your days sales and the item returns to available inventory.

Comment

Working...
              X