Who uses what email service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who uses what email service?

I would like to know who uses what email service instead of 3dcart email.

A little while ago I learned 3dcart customers that use 3dcart email cannot email each other. I am sure you can imagine how this effects my business offerings since anyone that has 3dcart email cannot contact me and just get a sending error and vice versa. Which for obvious reasons doesn't look good at all.

So in turn I would like to get some input on finding a different email service. Any input would be greatly appreciated since I would like to have it changed before our relaunch.

Thanks!
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

I use google apps (apps for business email so that my email is my .com addy) LOVE it, been using it for over 5 years

Comment

We use the 3dcart e-mail with Outlook. Confirmation e-mails go out via Mandrill, however everything else is regular 3dcart servers with Smarter Mail. We have not had any problems e-mailing 3dcart or others using our domain e-mail through 3dcart.
      I have the confirmations e-mails with Mandrill hoping more will get into the In-box, but I am not sure they do.

As a side note, we definitely have a problem with comcast.net . Customers with @comcast.net addresses just don't get our e-mails.

Comment

SmarterMail (the default email system that comes with all 3D Cart plans). I'm not impressed in the least. SLOW as molasses, constant "error" messages when logging in or going to a folder (usually is fixed in 5-10 minutes, though), and I believe the max storage space is a mere 500 MB (be prepared to go in and spend time deleting large file emails every few months...which is a slow process in itself).

On my lengthy TO DO list is to switch over to a different email system that is faster, more robust, and with considerably more storage space.

I've seen good things about Gmail for Business (or Google Apps?) posted on this forum on many occasions. That's likely the one that I'll be switching to.

-James

Comment

After dealing with the 3dcart "not so" smarter mail for a couple years now I have seen every downfall. It is definitely time for a change.

JR123 - You should be able to adjust the max storage for each email account from your administrator email account. 0=Unlimited if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the input. I think I am heading in the direction of Google Apps for the email.
          TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I use Go Daddy and have been very happy. I forget the plain but I have an unlimited POP mail service for the store. I also have there hosted Outlook Exchange for another business. Both have worked flawlessly. I love the hosted exchange but it is a bit pricey.

Comment

I have to avoid the pricey services since I am looking at dropping elements and template prices pretty low for our relaunch. So I have to keep operations to a minimum.
              TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcartdesigns View Post
                JR123 - You should be able to adjust the max storage for each email account from your administrator email account. 0=Unlimited if I remember correctly.
                Hey 3dcartdesigns, I think you are correct in the =0 being unlimited, but I think "unlimited" is 500MB. Maybe I misread something when I originally set up SmarterMail, but I was under the impression that 500MB was the maximum storage. I'll go in and try to find anything about that...

Thanks!
                -James

Comment

This might be where I found the 500MB maximum mentioned when I was originally trying to increase the storage space capacity in SmarterMail:

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...t-for-my-email

#5 - In the Mailbox Size Limit field, increase the MB size. Please note, there is a total of 500 MB for the entire domain.

Comment

A couple of quote from my salesperson when I initially signed up:

"Basic email is included in the hosting fees – unlimited accounts – 500 mb storage max"

"You can always use external email – you do not have to use 3dcart email.
                    1 GB is the most we offer with the higher plans $100 and up.
                    You can use a program like Outlook to pull emails off the server and store on your network drive."

Comment

Google Apps.

Comment

Working...
                      X