This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First class international not working

I opened a ticket but haven't gotten a response and wanted to see if any other 3dcart customers are having this problem. The USPS changed everything around today and now First Class International options are not showing up for our customers, it looks like 3dcart isn't seeing First Class International at all.

The First Class International shipping method changed so I know all the backend connections from whoever (3dcart, Endicia, all carts and shipping providers) have changed. I'm not sure if 3dcart just hasn't gotten it updated, or if the USPS is having problems, or what.

Is anyone else seeing this kind of thing, on their 3dcart store or anywhere else?

Jesse

I also submitted a ticket and a clueless rep was not even aware of this problem. There were USPS API changes scheduled and this was known for weeks now if not months. There's no reason whatsoever why 3dcart, a paid service cart, was not ready for this update and should not have found out through the words of their customers. I'm very upset because more than 50% of my sales are international and my shipping module does not function correctly at the moment.

Originally posted by lukiegames View Post
    I opened a ticket but haven't gotten a response and wanted to see if any other 3dcart customers are having this problem. The USPS changed everything around today and now First Class International options are not showing up for our customers, it looks like 3dcart isn't seeing First Class International at all.

The First Class International shipping method changed so I know all the backend connections from whoever (3dcart, Endicia, all carts and shipping providers) have changed. I'm not sure if 3dcart just hasn't gotten it updated, or if the USPS is having problems, or what.

Is anyone else seeing this kind of thing, on their 3dcart store or anywhere else?

Jesse

Comment

It has been known for months, we started preparing in December. It's a huge change for the USPS. I got a response from 3dcart as well and he said they were working on it. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they did prepare and get ready for the change but there is a bug or something. There have been a few others that I've heard about, Endicia has had a couple of glitches. It is very aggravating however and this has cost us quite a bit of sales so far.

In the meantime we created custom by weight shipping methods, one for Canada and one for all other (which we kind of averaged out). It's not a good solution but at least our customers can purchase from us. We are just rounding down and eating some of the cost.

Jesse

Comment

It has been known for months, we started preparing in December. It's a huge change for the USPS. I got a response from 3dcart as well and he said they were working on it. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they did prepare and get ready for the change but there is a bug or something. There have been a few others that I've heard about, Endicia has had a couple of glitches. It is very aggravating however and this has cost us quite a bit of sales so far.

In the meantime we created custom by weight shipping methods, one for Canada and one for all other (which we kind of averaged out). It's not a good solution but at least our customers can purchase from us. We are just rounding down and eating some of the cost.

Jesse
        I had to the same.

Comment

USPS Parcel also isnt working but it was my understanding USPS was doing away with Parcel. Parcel Select could still be used, but that option isnt available under shipping methods.

Not sure why they would do away with Parcel. It was our most popular method

Comment

Yeah they changed Parcel and some Express too. We don't use either of those so I hadn't looked but it sounds like 3dcart hasn't updated anything yet. Hopefully it just hasn't gotten onto all the servers yet.

They didn't completely get rid of Parcel, they changed it to Standard Post which is only available at retail, and they raised the price on it substantially. As I understand it Parcel and Parcel Select were too similar and they wanted to separate the two options out. Parcel Select is far cheaper now.

I'm very surprised Parcel Select isn't a shipping option, it's been available for a long time.

The USPS made major changes to many options and smaller changes to everything else. Prices have more than doubled on many products. Endicia has a nice little summary of the changes here - USPS Updates

Comment

First class international is working for us now! Thanks 3dcart!

Comment

First class international is working for us now! Thanks 3dcart!
                How did you get it to work? Still does not work on my end.

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread. I just had to go in and reset my USPS shipping options because they weren't working on my site.

Jeff
                  Heavy duty hand cleaner that works without solvents or lanolin!
                  http://www.zolex-handcleaner.com

Comment

Is it possible to get someone from 3D Cart to update us with what is going on with the USPS issues? I put in a ticket and it is marked as Private now, no reply.

The available shipping methods needs Parcel removed - it is no longer an online method. It needs to be replaced with Standard Post.

Why was this not set up and ready to go before the change that was announced by USPS a while back? This should have been switched over without incident.
                    Last edited by rburton34; 01-28-2013, 11:30 AM.

Comment

The patch is being deployed right now, unfortunately the way USPS doesn't have multiple API versions online, so, basically when a change occurs, we have to wait until its live to make the change on our end, making the change too early means it breaks as well.

The patch should be finished being deployed later today to all servers.
                      ----------------------------
                      Gonzalo Gil
                      3dCart Support
                      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Working...
                      X