Workaround for limiting free shipping products to continental US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workaround for limiting free shipping products to continental US

Has anyone tried limiting the free shipping (at the product level, not using a promotion) to continental US? ie. remove Hawaii, Alaska, Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico from the United Sates in Shipping Countries as this knowledgebase article mentions?

Would you need to then add those states back somewhere so they can pay for shipping?

Really need to use the free shipping at the product level since using a promotion for free shipping gives free shipping to the whole cart. Now I am running into now wanting free shipping to these outlying states.

Any help appreciated.

In Settings > Shipping > Shipping methods

Each shipping method has its own country settings.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
      In Settings > Shipping > Shipping methods

Each shipping method has its own country settings.
      Thanks elightbox but that does not effect the free shipping set at the product level based on my understanding.

Comment

If anyone has an update/solution regarding this question, I need to do the exact same thing. I offer Free Shipping on a product level, no coupons needed. So if a customer orders 5 products that are eligible for free shipping, free shipping is offered to them.

BUT, I want PR and VI and AK and HI excluded from this free shipping calculation. How to do that?

Comment

You can't.
          The only workaround I can think of is the Shipping Restrictive shipping module (extra $$). You would create a free shipping method that excludes AK & VI, and assign these products to this shipping method. You will not have to use the product level free shipping any more.

However, if another item is in the same order as the one getting the free shipping, it will also get free shipping.

Comment

However, if another item is in the same order as the one getting the free shipping, it will also get free shipping.
            Yeah, that's not going to work. Ok, that's too bad that we can't restrict WHERE the free shipping is available but not restrict normal domestic shipping. I may add that to their upgrade suggestions list. Thanks :)

Comment

You can't.
              The only workaround I can think of is the Shipping Restrictive shipping module (extra $$). You would create a free shipping method that excludes AK & VI, and assign these products to this shipping method. You will not have to use the product level free shipping any more.

I had the restrictive shipping module on another store, it won't do what he wants. It has one major flaw in that if you create 2 custom shipping methods that use the same thing say "quantity" you have to add the both to a product or restrict both. It wont let you assign just one of them to the product.

You might be able to do it with the custom zip code method but you would need to know every zip code in those states.

Comment

Free Shipping

This is disappointing as I am just starting out with 3dcart and was able to do this with my old cart (prostores). This seems to be a desireable feature and should be considered for the next upgrade.

I'm trying to offer free shipping at the product level, no minimum. The exception would be Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico would pay a flat rate surcharge.

Comment

free shipping

start with free shipping domestic only - checked in shipping settings then in shipping methods create a custom method & use your exclude list for the US
                  Last edited by windycityparrot; 08-06-2014, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Or just make a shipping method called Free Shipping and then restrict it to the US and xxx states/territories.

You can put a order volume or item quantity on it but you can not add it to a product.

I came from Miva Merchant about 3 years ago where I had many customizations. I miss all of those little tweaks that made that store hum.

Comment

This was a battle I went through as well but it works pretty good now. 3dcart support actually helped me set it up. I wanted orders over $50 to be free shipping but domestic only.

Here's what we did:

Shipping settings: Free Shipping - Domestic Only (unchecked).

Product Level: Free shipping (unchecked)

Marketing / Promotional Manager: Coupon created with the following settings.
                      title to show in cart: Free Shipping - USPS - Domestic 48
                      End date pushed out to 2017.
                      Total number of uses 99999
                      Uses per customer 300

Advanced:
                      Requires coupon: NO (so it automatically applies the coupon)
                      Country: United States (this is where you can exclude areas as well such as Alaska)
                      Order Amount: $50
                      Excluded items: none
                      Non-Stackable: unchecked

Promotional Offers / Advanced:
                      Free shipping: (checked)

Hope this helps.
                      -Nader

Comment

Working...
                      X