Security popup in FF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security popup in FF

While troubleshooting a customer problem checking out I ran into another.
    When you go to log in as a customer and accidentally put in a wrong email or PW you get a popup error.

Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party.
    Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?
    Tech could not duplicate. Shortly after I called the customer about the other issue and she said she tried to log back in got the warning and would not check out or complete it over the phone (can't blame her) Ask what browser and it was FF so pinned it down and tech confirmed it on our site.

Any way if you do press continue (who would) you get the login error page. when clicking continue from there same popup and just keeps sending you back to the log in error page.

I have checked a couple other sites here and seeing the same thing.

Anybody else seeing this?

I tested on our site and I do not see this message. I am assuming you are talking about the front end myaccount.asp page.

We had issues with error pages and SSL. Either continuing to browse the site in SSL, or going to a checkout page without SSL.

3dcart fixed it. Our pages now in many instances, especially on error pages, will say www.xxxxx (not http:// or https:// ) . I think this was part of the fix. I don't know the technical details of this.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Mondo - PM me with your URL and I'll take a look for you.
      - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

OK, Just to let you know, Have pinned down the problem.
        If you are using the shared SSL and a signed up customer accidentally puts in the wrong log in info in on the log in page using FF they get a security popup that the info is being transmitted on a non secure URL.
        Test your sites and try to log in with FF with a bad email/PW or just hit login with it blank, I don't think you will be happy.

Comment

Working...
        X