Shipping Calculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Calculation

I have a problem with shipping calculation.
    Shipping is calculated "By Value", but if there are two products from the same category, shipping rate is doubled.
    I did not set up to calculate shipping "per item", so it should be per order.
    On the product page by default is "shipping - one box", is this the reason why it calculates shipping twice??
    Is there any other place to check this setting??
    Any advice is highly appreciated.
    Thanks

I'm not quite sure I understand your problem. What we do for each of our products is to enter the approximate shipping weight if that item was to be purchased alone. So, when UPS and USPS pull the rates, those calculations are based on the total weight of the combined items. If, for example, a customer orders one item that ships for two pounds, and then adds another item with a shipping weight of two pounds, the shipping rates quoted will be for a four pound package. That does of course cost more than a two pound package, but it isn't anywhere near double.

Can you give a specific example of what is happening on your site?
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

One Box should be checked, unless the item needs two boxes.

Shipping two of the same item, should cost more but not double. Do you have "Ships by itself" checked?

Comment

Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
        I'm not quite sure I understand your problem. What we do for each of our products is to enter the approximate shipping weight if that item was to be purchased alone. So, when UPS and USPS pull the rates, those calculations are based on the total weight of the combined items. If, for example, a customer orders one item that ships for two pounds, and then adds another item with a shipping weight of two pounds, the shipping rates quoted will be for a four pound package. That does of course cost more than a two pound package, but it isn't anywhere near double.

Can you give a specific example of what is happening on your site?
        The problem is with custom shipping method 'by value' not with real calculation.If there is one item it is one price for two items another price. But when there are two products from the same category shipping charge is doubled, the one that should be charged for that price range but not doubled. To me it looks like two different orders but with higher shipping charges.

Thank You for reply

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
          One Box should be checked, unless the item needs two boxes.

Shipping two of the same item, should cost more but not double. Do you have "Ships by itself" checked?
          So that is fine with one box. I did not check 'Ship by itself'

Thank You

Comment

When you go to
            Shipping > methods

and look at your shipping method by value.

Do you have anything in Markup: ?? it should be empty
            When you click Edit Ranges, are those setup correctly? 0 - 999 >>>$9.95
            Do the ranges say [per item]? They should not in your case.

Comment

Ah, I see. Yes, I am guessing elightbox has found your problem. If your dollar value range has the Per Item box checked then naturally it would be doubling the cost for two items. If it isn't that then I don't know why this would be happening.
              Laura Z
              Brass & Silver Traditions
              www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Working...
              X