Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long standing Google Analytics issue, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long standing Google Analytics issue, please help!

I always had Google Analytics working perfectly, tracking everything. On the last day in November 2012, my Analytics just stopped tracking for no apparent reason and I have never been able to get it to track again. It is a huge issue because I can't track specific advertising avenues to see where some sales are or are not coming from. I have asked 3dCart for help many times and followed all their advice and nothing ever works.

The only change to my site that happened around that time was I was on a bad server that kept crashing and finally crashed permanently and was moved to a newer, more updated server (total nightmare, by the way!).

Kwigy-Bo Jaraden Dog Carriers PetZip Strollers Antlers College Clothes

Well, you don't have an analytics tracking code in there. At all. No wonder it isn't working.

I personally do not use the built-in analytics plugin that 3DCart provides. I inserted the tracking code myself.
    1. Go to GA and find your tracking code. It will be a paragraph of javascript code.
    2. Open your frame.html template file
    3. Paste the tracking code in the template file, just above the tag that says </head>

Back up your frame.html file before editing it just in case.

Comment

Thank you but 3dcart was the one that told me to remove the code

Thanks for the advice. I did had the analytics properly installed. When I started having the issue, 3dcart told me that now the analytics is built in to the cart so I would want to remove my existing code because that is probably confusing things and why it's not working. It didn't make any sense to me but I tried it. Didn't work this way either.

Comment

Did you put your code into the 3D Cart Analytics setup? I see that the page above has 2 Google Site Verifications and this line:

<script src="googleanalytics.asp?orderid=[orderid]&as=1" type="text/javascript">

However, I didn't see the normal Google Analytics code.
        Joanne Barker
        VS Web Design
        [email protected]

Comment

We use the 3dcart code and it works just fine for us.

However you need to set it up.

remove all of your own Google Analytics code
          then go to:
          Plugins > Statistics > Google Analytics "settings"
          Add tracking id: UA-xxxxx and click save.

If you do not have your tracking ID it will not work. You get the Tracking ID from Google Analytics.

Comment

Ok, went in and updated plug in, still have a question

Thanks for all the advice. The plug in was set up with the id number, but I replaced it just in case with the correct one.

Still have a question. Do I need to remove one or both of the 2 Google Site Verifications on my frame page?

Thanks, Rachel

Comment

Working...
            X