Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upselling Help

Hi

We are looking at ways to upsell additional products when the customer is in the cart page or at checkout.

I am aware that we can advertise 'Related Items' to display at checkout, however this would involve making specific products a related item for all products in the store.

Ideally we would like to be able to have something like 'Add a pack of 3 1/4" tees for just $4.99' and then the customer can easily add this product to the basket there and then.

Is there such a thing available? I see 3DCart have this https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...-upsell-add-on but it is only for after checkout - it has a quick 'Add Item' tick box which is the sort of thing I require on the cart page.

If products could get added by entering a coupon code then that would work too as we could use the 3DUpsell plugin to advertise the offer to enter a code, however unfortunately this feature is not available.

Any advice on how I could achieve this would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Phil
    Golf Tees Etc
    www.golfteesetc.com

What about using the 3D Upsell addon?

3DCart Shopping Cart 3dupsell

You can configure a page peel, a pop up overlay, or a sliding/rising bar to display on specific pages under specific conditions, and the message and design is completely customizable.

You could set it up to display on view_cart.asp and display a couple items along with a Last Chance to Buy type of message.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Hi Dean

Yes we looked at this and will probably use it, although we ideally wanted something that allows customers to quickly Add an item straight into their cart. With the upsell you can promote a product but they then have to go to the page and add it. We were kind of hoping we could display a product and that product has a simple 'Add Item To Order' tick box to put it straight in the cart.

Being able to add a product to the cart using a coupon code would also be a good feature, although I'm pretty sure this doesn't exist.

Thanks
      Phil
      Golf Tees Etc
      www.golfteesetc.com

Comment

Originally posted by PhilW View Post
        ...we looked at this and will probably use it, although we ideally wanted something that allows customers to quickly Add an item straight into their cart. With the upsell you can promote a product but they then have to go to the page and add it.
        Not necessarily. Go to Admin > Products > select a product > Advanced tab > Scroll down to "Buy Button." You can use the code here to insert a hyperlink that, when clicked, will add the product to your cart, skipping the steps of navigating to the product and mouse-clicking the "add to cart" button.

So, you can use 3D Upsell and the add to cart hyperlinks to accomplish exactly what you want. No third-party integration or elaborate coding needed.

Comment

Hi Dean

Thanks for the reply - this could be the combination I am looking for. I will take a look.

Do you know if the short code can be configured to add certain product options directly into the cart?

For example, if we have an Option for Color - can we automatically add a red or Green one into the cart using the hyperlinks?

At the moment when there are options on the product it adds to the cart without any of these options selected. Do you know of anyway to force the options?

Appreciate your help
          Phil
          Golf Tees Etc
          www.golfteesetc.com

Comment

I don't know, sorry. That sounds like a question for support.

If it's not possible, one solution may be to create a standalone red or green product (without options), and code that into your upsell.

Comment

Yes - thanks Dean online with support at moment, but doesn't look possible so a separate product I think would be the way to go.

Thanks again - very much appreciated.
              Phil
              Golf Tees Etc
              www.golfteesetc.com

Comment

Aside from what we've talked about, the 3D Upsell feature has many other uses too. I use it to communicate important messages to our customers, like shipping disruptions, early office closing, etc. You're also not limited to just one banner; you can create multiple banners and messages with completely different designs and rules. It's a feature that's hard to stop using :)

Comment

Great feedback and ideas - thanks. Will be signing up to it next week and looking forward to using it.

Phil
                  Golf Tees Etc
                  www.golfteesetc.com

Comment

Working...
                  X