Paging options in blog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging options in blog?

I have done a lot of tweaking, and think I am finally liking the 3dcart blog enough to give it a try. The reason I keep coming back to consider it, despite its relative lack of features, is that I love having the blog displayed within my store frame and the ease of linking to products within posts.

Can't figure out how to do one thing, though. I know how to control the number of posts that display on a page, but I have not found a way to allow paging back through older posts. (Something like <-- Older Posts / Newer Posts -->, or Page 1 2 3, Back, or similar.)

Same issue applies to displaying blog posts on the post category pages. If I have more posts than the limit I'm displaying per page, there's no way to get to them.

I don't think increasing the number of posts per page is the answer - eventually, there would be far too many for one page, and paging through older posts is a standard feature on most blogs.

Am I missing something here, or has anyone found a solution for this?

Thanks!

I got to the same point with the blog. Good enough to use but not really what I wanted.

I didn't come up with a way to do pages either. I'm sure it's possible some way or another but I never really dug that far into it. I'd love it if 3dCart would show a little love to the blog module. It could really use some updates.

Comment

Thanks, Shopguy - I've seen some of your other posts about the blog, sounds like we've hit a lot of the same issues with it.
      Last edited by spardue; 03-26-2013, 06:07 PM.

Comment

I just started using a Wordpress blog in addition to the 3dcart one. What I did was just create a blog article on my website that links to the external one. Then I made that blog it's own category and sorted it to the top so it will always show above the other ones in the Category list. Its definitely not perfect. Most of our customers are not internet savvy at all, so they aren't interested in such things anyway.
        Last edited by brassandsilver; 03-27-2013, 06:46 PM.
        Laura Z
        Brass & Silver Traditions
        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Thanks, Laura - good idea on how to link the blogs.
          Last edited by spardue; 03-27-2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

No problem. I've just been working on it these past couple of weeks, so I don't know how effective it will be. I also don't know what sort of SEO impact it will create. I'll be watching that for sure. If there aren't too many links back and forth and the content is relevant, I would assume it will yield a positive result, but we'll see. I figured it was worth a try.
            Laura Z
            Brass & Silver Traditions
            www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Working...
            X