Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy one, get 2nd (of equal or lesser value) for $50 promotion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy one, get 2nd (of equal or lesser value) for $50 promotion?

Hello fellow 3dcarters!

I hope you guys can help me. I want to do the following, please tell me if it's possible. If so, how?

Put in place following promotion within one category: Buy one, get 2nd (of equal or lesser value) for $50.

I'm struggling with how to set system to automatically figure out (when two items from the category are added to cart) which is lesser and making that $50.

Thanks in advance for your help. Have a nice day!
    Fatuma Hydara
    Hydara Fabrics
    Your #1 Stop for Affordable African Fashions
    http://www.hydarafabrics.com

No, unfortunately I do not think there is a way to set up a promotion with the logic you are looking for.

Comment

That's what I thought. Thanks for answering!

Can you think of something similar? some kind of workaround? Or is the system simple unable to figure out which is of lesser value in the shopping cart?
      Fatuma Hydara
      Hydara Fabrics
      Your #1 Stop for Affordable African Fashions
      http://www.hydarafabrics.com

Comment

Originally posted by HFabrics View Post
        That's what I thought. Thanks for answering!

Can you think of something similar? some kind of workaround? Or is the system simple unable to figure out which is of lesser value in the shopping cart?
        I think the promotion system needs a lot of work. As far as work arounds for somewhat complex things like these, we use either product options, hidden categories, or create new items. It's a lot of grunt work, but necessary if these promotions are needed.

Comment

We use a promotion as a sort of work around for this problem. It does seem like there should be a better way, but so far I've never found it. What we do is create a product category for the BOGO items, then create a promo called Buy One, Get One Half Off. The promo has a minimum order quantity of two items from within the category, and we then give a 25% discount, which works out to the same price. Of course, if they buy three pieces instead of two, they still get 25% off of all three. It is less than ideal, but it is more or less functional.
          Laura Z
          Brass & Silver Traditions
          www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

BOGO Half Price

Has anyone else found a way to do this type of promotion?

Buy any item, get a second of equal or lesser value for half price.

Vitamin Discount Center

Comment

Every other weekend, we offer a Buy 1 Get 1 Free special on one particular category of products.

We have to cheat the system in order to do so.

[1] Using the Price Updater, I change the base price of all products in that category, which happens to be identical for all products. Essentially, I change the price from $ 6.00 to $ 3.00 making them half off.

[2] Since these products come in multiple sizes, I use category-wide options to set prices for the larger sizes. It's just a matter of making the larger size upgrade half of what it was before.

The net result is not Buy 1 Get 1 Free at all, but half off instead. I could find no other solution.

-----------

Here's the killer.

We get lots of phone orders. Category-wide options do not work when using the phone order feature inside the admin panel. They are ignored completely.

As you try to build an order for a customer, each product you try to add is only allowed to "add to cart" in its base product configuration. No options are shown at all.

But other products with options, those whose options are built product by product are allowed to be "customized" when building a phone order.

If you have phone orders, you cannot use category-wide options.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. It seems like there should be a way to get this done within the standard functionality.

Comment

Working...
                X