Extra Page control gone from Settings > Design > Titles & Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Page control gone from Settings > Design > Titles & Content

I need someone to confirm for me that something has changed in the admin area.

For a while now I have been playing with my yet to be launched site. Showing the left bar on some pages, not showing it on others. Having my design team check each one both ways to be sure the design looks good either way.

In Settings > Design > Title & Content about 1/2 way down under Main Pages where it lists Home Page, Category Page, Listing Page etc... there is an edit button to the right of each one.

When edit is clicked it takes you to the screen where you can enter a title tag, meta tags, header, footer, and hide the left bar, right bar and top menu.

You can globally control if the left bar shows on all your item pages.

Unless I've lost my mind, or have been seeing things... I swear I have seen and used "Extra Page" to globally turn the left bar off for all my extra pages like about us etc.

Now, the Extra Page choice is gone... nowhere to be found. No way to globally control all your extra pages without making a another frame template with the left bar code missing and then assigning all your extra pages individually to the new frame.

Please tell me I'm not losing my mind and that we really are screwed as they have taken away the ability to control the extra pages.

I know it was there!!!!!!!
    Last edited by theblademan; 04-15-2013, 06:16 PM. Reason: Title edit

As far as I know it has never been in there. We do full width frames for extra page and choose the new frame in site content for each page.

Unless it was there for one of the updates an pulled out again. I never noticed it though.
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Well that is what support is telling me....... I still dont think I'm dreaming however.

I thought product index and category index were in there as well.

Comment

I can't even get default <title> tags to work on product_index, cat index and manuf index. They are gone as well. I know I controlled them at one time.

I'm going to have to make separate frames for each of them and hard code titles and meta tags in them.. and then make a frame for the extra pages to cover all of them.

Comment

title, meta desc on category page

You can control the <title> and description meta for the Category Index page. I haven't found how to change them for the Product Index page yet.

To change it for the Category Index navigate to the following:
          Settings
          Design
          Titles & Content
          Scroll down to Main Pages
          Page
          Click the edit button next to the Category Page.

Be sure to save changes and then clear your cache.

I hope this is helpful.

I changed the title and meta tags for the Category Page as seen here...
          Wire Cutter Store - Professional Cutting Tools Categories
          www.wirecutterstore.com

Comment

Are you referring to changing the title and meta tags for "Category Index" by changing the "category" page under main pages or are you seeing "category index" under main pages and changing it?

I swear at one point I could see Product Index AND Category Index under the main page section of Titles And Content........ however, now they are both gone.

So are you changing just the Category page there or do you indeed see Category Index in there?

Comment

Originally posted by WireCutterStore View Post
              You can control the <title> and description meta for the Category Index page. I haven't found how to change them for the Product Index page yet.

To change it for the Category Index navigate to the following:
              Settings
              Design
              Titles & Content
              Scroll down to Main Pages
              Page
              Click the edit button next to the Category Page.

Be sure to save changes and then clear your cache.

I hope this is helpful.

I changed the title and meta tags for the Category Page as seen here...
              Wire Cutter Store - Professional Cutting Tools Categories
              Changing what they are calling Category Page as followed by the navigation I outlined above changes the title and meta for this page on my site .../category_index.asp

I don't know if there is a difference between 'Category Page' and 'Category Index'...I think they are one in the same.
              www.wirecutterstore.com

Comment

Actually, that Category page controls the page displayed for all your categories. If no title or meta tags are entered for a category it defaults to what is entered there.

It just so happens however..... that this also appears on the category_index.asp page as well.

So conceivably, if you have all your cats jam up with titles and meta tags, this group of settings will not be used....

So you could enter what you'd like for the category_index.asp here, and it does work.

Interestingly enough, what you enter here also appears for manufacturer_index.asp. So if you tailor the title and meta tags for both it would work..... but be duplicate for the two pages, not great, but not the end of the world.

I'm basically putting manufacturer_index.asp in my robots.txt file to avoid the issue and not be used. I have manuf name in an extra field, and am using a search link to the manuf name instead.

Comment

Working...
                X