I wanted to share a little nugget of knowledge I learned the hard way this week in the hopes it saves someone from losing orders like I have.

It turns out that if you use the Drop Shipping (Distributor) feature with your products and create a Custom Shipping Method to offer free shipping over a certain dollar amount, in certain instances the customer will never be offered free shipping, no matter what the value of the cart is.

Here's the scenario: if a customer adds products from multiple drop-shippers to their cart and uses either calculate shipping at View Cart or within Checkout, they will not be offered free shipping - even when the order exceeds the free shipping threshold.

Since the promotions method of offering free shipping is also broken (can't choose the free shipping method, so customers can get free next day air shipping), we had no choice but to remove the drop shippers from every product. This means we can't take advantage of the best part of the drop ship feature, which is calculating shipping based on the drop shipper location.

I hope this helps someone.