New Re-Captcha integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Re-Captcha integration

Has anyone dug into the newly-available ReCaptcha integration? I converted my main CMS page to use it. It requires a bit of work, so I switched back to the built in captcha until I decide what I want to do.

I think I want to get rid of the CRM system entirely and just put in a straight webform with a captcha. Anyone know if you can make the generic sendmail.asp webform require captcha authentication?

My other choice would be to use a JotForm form, which does allow Re-Captcha.

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
    Has anyone dug into the newly-available ReCaptcha integration? I converted my main CMS page to use it. It requires a bit of work, so I switched back to the built in captcha until I decide what I want to do.

I think I want to get rid of the CRM system entirely and just put in a straight webform with a captcha. Anyone know if you can make the generic sendmail.asp webform require captcha authentication?

My other choice would be to use a JotForm form, which does allow Re-Captcha.
    The nice thing about using the built in CRM is that if the customer is logged into the system it autofills their name and email address... also it keeps track of the correspondence in their account. (Its also free) where Jotform is not free if you want SSL.

I just installed the recaptcha after reading your post... it was pretty strait-forward... All i had to do was copy this code to the template file:

Code:
    <!--START: recaptcha-->
    <script type="text/javascript">var RecaptchaOptions = { theme: '[recaptcha_theme]' };</script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//www.google.com/recaptcha/api/challenge?k=[recaptcha_key]"></script>
    <noscript>
    <iframe src="//www.google.com/recaptcha/api/noscript?k=[recaptcha_key]" height="300" width="500" frameborder="0"></iframe><br>
    <textarea name="recaptcha_challenge_field" rows="3" cols="40"></textarea>
    <input type="hidden" name="recaptcha_response_field" value="manual_challenge">
    </noscript>
    <!--END: recaptcha-->

what issues were you having?
    Last edited by NMTEACO; 04-27-2013, 12:37 AM.

Comment

My main issue was updating my design to accommodate the much larger size of the Re-Captcha widget. Also I had to update one of the scripts at the top of the page that was slightly out of date from the common version.

I find the built in CRM system to be pretty unintuitive. I definitely don't think my customers want to have to log in to the website just to read my response and write their own. I would much rather their initial inquiry go straight to my email, and just reply back and forth from that.

Comment

They dont need to login to the website to read or respond to your email. But you are correct that YOU need to login for your first response.

Flow of most of my CRM requests:

1) Customer fills out form online
        2) I get an email with their request
        3) I log-in to 3dcart and respond
        4) They get an email from [email protected] with my response and a link at the bottom saying IF they want their responses tracked in their account, to click this link to respond from our site.
        5) they ignore that and respond to [email protected]
        6) I respond back in my email to their email, if needed. (since their response to my response is from their email, and not from our system.

I have tired other forms over the years but always end up back at the 3dcart CRM for the reasons stated above. I would like the option to set it so their first request is "from" their email, not our system email... but I think its good to at leave have everyones "FIRST" email in our CRM tab, so that no one gets lost.

What would be IDEAL... is if 3dcart's CRM system created a special email for each request tying it to their account. So that I could respond threw email directly to the 3dcart generated email and they could respond back threw email, but it would ALSO be tracked in our CRM system.

I submitted that idea in the feature requests section. http://forums.3dcart.com/new-feature...html#post29135
        Last edited by NMTEACO; 04-28-2013, 12:53 AM.

Comment

The major problem I have is the fact that the initial request must be replied to in the admin area. With my workflow it is a hassle and I'd rather just shoot of an email reply. With the login requirement I put off responding until much later. It also makes it hard for me to forward the request to another employee's email and have them respond, since not all of them have login access.

If I could make the initial ticket have the customer's email as the reply-to, I would probably keep using it.

Comment

Working...
          X