Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, best way to enter tracking #'s? (or print labels for that matter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, best way to enter tracking #'s? (or print labels for that matter)

Break it down for me, what is the best way to enter tracking #'s? Some days we are at 100+ USPS Click n Ship's a day and it is getting too time consuming to Copy/Paste from USPS.com, Search in Processing for customer, the paste into the tracking box, then repeat...

What is my best bet for doing this on a faster scale...Don't care if i need to buy a service, accepting any recommendations.

Also entertaining options for faster label making (priority mail)...I think last time i asked, this "label manager" button only produced a label WITHOUT postage which doesn't do me any good...

Thanks.

Yes, you definitely will need a service. There are many out there that can do this: Endicia, Stamps.com, ShipWorks, ShipStation.

I recently started using ShipWorks and recommend it. There is a no-hassle 30 day trial you can have set up quickly.

It will import orders from your cart, let you efficiently print labels with postage, and then automatically post back the tracking number to the order.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
      Yes, you definitely will need a service. There are many out there that can do this: Endicia, Stamps.com, ShipWorks, ShipStation.

I recently started using ShipWorks and recommend it. There is a no-hassle 30 day trial you can have set up quickly.

It will import orders from your cart, let you efficiently print labels with postage, and then automatically post back the tracking number to the order.
      Im with steven, check out shipworks. It works pretty well with 3dcart and will be a HUGE improvement over click N Ship. Its priced fairly reasonable as well. Youll need an account with stamps.com or endica to buy postage from but you can do it right through shipworks interface.

Comment

I'm moving over from Volusion and I've been using OrderCup to print labels for years now.

Does anyone here use OrderCup and is the integration with 3D easy as I'm used to?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by shellyky View Post
          Break it down for me, what is the best way to enter tracking #'s? Some days we are at 100+ USPS Click n Ship's a day and it is getting too time consuming to Copy/Paste from USPS.com, Search in Processing for customer, the paste into the tracking box, then repeat...

What is my best bet for doing this on a faster scale...Don't care if i need to buy a service, accepting any recommendations.

Also entertaining options for faster label making (priority mail)...I think last time i asked, this "label manager" button only produced a label WITHOUT postage which doesn't do me any good...

Thanks.

We use Endicia for our USPS mailings. You must sign up for Endicia Professional so you can use their Galaxy ship option. The Galaxy ship will import and export address and tracking info directly with 3dCart. The other perk is you can print on the a 4 x 6 label from a thermal printer (similar to many UPS setups.) Pricing is fair, and the support from Endicia is good.

Thanks,
          Chad
          bmikarts.com

Comment

We moved over to Shipstation and love it as 95% of our orders are shipped through the USPS. Shipstation includes an Endicia account within their monthly fee BUT the biggest advantage we found is that they use a service called Express 1 for USPS Priority Mail packages and the postage fees are much less than Endicia and Stamps.com. We are saving a $1 or more per package!

Comment

ShipWorks also includes easy integration with Express1. I use it for Priority Mail, too.

The main difference between Shipworks and Shipstation is that Shipworks is a program that you install on your computer. Shipstation is a web app.
              I could probably use ShipStation, but I got my ShipWorks demo up first and I liked the customizable reports.

Comment

shipworks v shipstation

Just to clarify for some: Shipworks runs on a local app on your PC. They do NOT have a Mac version as of yet. Shipstation is a web-app and runs on any platform that has access to the web.

Functionally, they are very similar, and platform issues aside, it's pretty much a user-preference thing. They will both get the job done for you in a very similar manner.

FWIW, we use Shipstation and like it quite a lot.

Dave

Comment

great, thank you so much guys for the info! I'll check into all of them and see what fits best for us.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by ggg View Post
                    I'm moving over from Volusion and I've been using OrderCup to print labels for years now.

Does anyone here use OrderCup and is the integration with 3D easy as I'm used to?

Thanks!
                    I do, and it works fairly well. The integration was easy, just sticking in the API key and it kicks back tracking numbers to your store so your customers get their automatic shipping confirmations (as long as you have them enabled) without any copy and paste stuff.
                    ~Chrisy
                    earthegy

15% discount on all items in my shop for 3Dcart users with coupon code 3DCART

Comment

Quick question on all of this while I remember...We ship "bulk tshirts" so the product theyre buying is actually a custom quote and an order/payment link is emailed to them..they buy, (i estimate shipping and add that into the total price). So there is no weight/dimension in the actual product. it's set as "free shippping" on everything we sell because it is added into the cost per item.

So if i were to get shipworks going, is there a way to import all my stuff and do I have an option per shipment to enter a weight at that point? Or is the only option to change my whole business model and start selling items without the free shipping and add weights to everything SOMEHOW lol (again, no weight is added in, its too complicated for what we sell)

Comment

You could keep this model going and still use ShipWorks, I think. Although you can use ShipWorks more efficiently if 3DCart knows exactly how much everything weighs, I weigh everything on a per-shipment basis.

So I select all of the day's pending orders, select "Ship". Put a packaged item on my scale, click the weigh button, and click process label. Repeat. Takes about 10 seconds per order. And that process includes emailing the customer and sending the tracking number back to 3DCart.

If the correct shipment weight was already present, then you could skip the weighing step.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post

So I select all of the day's pending orders, select "Ship". Put a packaged item on my scale, click the weigh button, and click process label. Repeat. Takes about 10 seconds per order. And that process includes emailing the customer and sending the tracking number back to 3DCart.

so are you saying that the scale plugs into the computer and the weigh button tosses it in there, or you manually enter it? our boxes are pretty heavy, 50lbs usually so if we would have to set up a PC in the warehouse thats something i'd need to know...usually we just carry the reciept in the office w/ the weight/dimensions on it

Comment

Yeah, I have a PC with a scale set up. But the scale is optional, you can just type it in.

Comment

I developed a PHP application on another server to handle API stuff to enter tracking numbers. It doesn't work very well for multiple tracking numbers per order, but it's FREE! Took a few hours to write the script, and all it does it takes an exported FedEx file (or UPS for you), and uses the API to enter tracking numbers.

Comment

Working...
                              X