Help editing packing_list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help editing packing_list

I would like to use one of the database fields to store picking location for products (i.e. shelf, bin, etc.). I would like to know how to integrate that with the packing list.

I am new to dealing with dynamically generated pages, so please forgive my ignorance. Ideally, I would like to place this information on a line just below the [itemname] on the list. I note that the only identifiable database field used on the section of the page is "[id]" and that the other fields seem to use a derived name like [itemname], [unitprice], and [subtotal].

I have experimented, but it appears that there are only a limited number of derived names/variables are allowed in that section of the page. I had used the [extended_description] field for my information as I don't have any other use for it. So, what I would like to have would look something like (my part is the "Bin/Shelf Location in red):

<!--START: items-->
    <tr class="report-font1">
    <td width="15%" height="24" align="left" valign="top">[id]</td>

<td valign="top" align="left" width="53%">[itemname]

<br>Bin/Shelf Location [extended_description]</td>

<td width="1%">&nbsp;</td>
    <!-- <td valign="top" align="right" width="9%">[unitprice]</td>-->
    <td width="1%">&nbsp;</td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="9%">[numitems]</td>
    <td width="2%">&nbsp;</td>
    <!-- <td valign="top" align="right" width="10%">[subtotal]</td>-->
    </tr>
    <!--END: items-->

What can I use to do what need to here.

Thanks in advance

I may not be getting the whole question, but based on what 3DC offers I would recommend using an custom field for this. Since it is short I would also recommend using one of the first 5 fields. You could then define the name/title for the field under the store language. If you use this you can then pull it on whatever page you want, I believe.

One thing to note, I think I remember that when you export products it does not include the custom fields.

To find the custom fields go to the 'Information' tab for a product and scroll down. Click on "show/hide" next to custom fields.

I am not sure about use in an invoice etc. but generally you would put these fields in like this:
    Code:
    <!--START: extrafields-->
    <!--START: extra_field_2-->
    [product_extrafield2]<br>
    [extra_field_2]
    <!--END: extra_field_2-->
    <!--END: extrafields-->
    Hope the above helps.

Comment

Actually I have a question regarding Invoice_print.
      Every invoice, there's "Descriptions & Options", do you know where / how we can change the option position. Like :

https://orchardcorset.3dcartstores.c...es/Capture.JPG

I want to change so the color and size/ band make it as one row. If I look on HTML, it just says, [itemname]. And I don't know how to change the size / color so it will make one row..

I asked this, because, we have short size and color code, it starts to bugging when people buy 4 or 5 items, it will get 2 pages, I just want to make more "effective" for workers and also customers.

Thank you in advance.. :)

Comment

Working...
      X