Products by Manufacturer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Products by Manufacturer

Is it possible to edit the template that displays the products when you use the list by manufacturer links?
    Code:
    <a href="search_groups.asp?manf=[mfgid]" class="menu">[manufacturer]</a>
    I have edited the category listing templates (listing_0.html, etc.) but cannot find out where to edit this template so they are consistent with the other listing pages.

I found the listing of products to be different when you use the search box too. I can't find where to change that to match my other listings pages. Maybe they are the same?

Have you been able to modify the results page for searches?

Thanks
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Originally posted by cekman View Post
      Not yet, although I would like to be able to. Seems odd that this is hard to find since 3DC is the most flexible cart I have worked with in terms of page/template customization.

Comment

Originally posted by cekman View Post
        I found the listing of products to be different when you use the search box too. I can't find where to change that to match my other listings pages. Maybe they are the same?

Thanks
        I am still looking for a way to edit the Manufacturer product listing page, but if you wan to edit the regular search results just use the search.html page.

Comment

Yes I found that - I wonder why they use a different template for the search results? I makes the cart much less consistent.

It must be because they list the category search results at the top, but they could have a switch to turn that off for 'regular' listings.

I'm just leaving my page as it is so I can go live. I do wish they all looked the same.

Actually I like the listing on the search page.
          C Ekman
          Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
          http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Just found out from support that the results that show up when using the product list for manufacturers is search_group.html. It is either not possible to get it to look exactly like the standard search results or just more work than I want to put into it at this time. Basically there are fields used on the Search results page that do not work on this page.

Comment

Working...
            X