[email protected] will no longer work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [email protected] will no longer work

Beginning March 1st, 2015, emails sent directly to [email protected] will no longer work. I can’t speak for other users but we don't always have access to computers and increasingly use our mobile devices to communicate. Unfortunately, NONE of the options offered are mobile friendly.

1. Through your 3dcart "Online Store Manager" directly - NEVER USE IT! We find it inadequate & in some cases, dangerous to modify the store template and it breaks our site javascript and jquery. The best thing is, ours doesn't even come up when we click "View Store"
    2. Through our support portal at support.3dcart.com - Support website is NOT mobile friendly. It is so difficult to use on a mobile device and if you take too long submitting a ticket, it times-out and you have to start over.
    3. Smoke Signals (weather permitting) - Possibly the best option.

Perhaps upgrading the available options before killing the email would have been a better option.

Love to hear other users thoughts and / or comments regarding this announcement?

Hi liveincan.

There are many benefits from this change, we're making Technical Support exclusive to 3dcart Merchants, there is no reason to have to sort out through spam, sales email, and questions from non-3dcart merchants, before we're able to get to important requests from you and other merchants that rely on Technical Support to run their business.

I apologize if there was any confusion on the options offered.

Originally posted by liveincan View Post
    1. Through your 3dcart "Online Store Manager" directly - NEVER USE IT! We find it inadequate & in some cases, dangerous to modify the store template and it breaks our site javascript and jquery. The best thing is, ours doesn't even come up when we click "View Store"
    You can open and manage Support Tickets inside your Admin Panel, check this KB article for details, https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/552
    There is nothing about VIEW STORE, jQuery or anything like that involved in checking support tickets from your admin panel..

Also, there is nothing more Mobile-Friendly that being able to call 24x7 our Support Team!

And please keep in mind that you will still receive email notifications on the ticket updates and will be able to reply via emails to the tickets. This only affects how the initial ticket is opened.

Jimmy

Comment

Every time I've ever clicked that link and had the window appear to submit a support ticket my computer locks up tighter than a ducks behind in a rain storm and I have to CTRL ALT DELETE and run...maybe FF 36.0??

Comment

Originally posted by Toobusy View Post
        Every time I've ever clicked that link and had the window appear to submit a support ticket my computer locks up tighter than a ducks behind in a rain storm and I have to CTRL ALT DELETE and run...maybe FF 36.0??

That's intended, usually restarting the computer fixes everything!

If you're honestly experiencing any issues or timeouts when going to the Online Support link to open a ticket from your admin panel, definitely report it to support (by opening a ticket using that same link) and we can check if there is anything causing that issue.

Jimmy

Comment

When I go to my dashboard and hover over any of the links on the left nav bar, no subcategories display until I open another tab and come back and then I can view orders and subs. I've opened tickets, they get closed. Been going on since FF33. I tried Chrome and if I click on anything I get a pop up that asks if I'm sure I want to delete the product....no, sure don't, wanted to edit a price, but not delete. I won't use IE so I can't tell you if I have problems with it, but two of two browsers and locking up, nav bar won't work, etc. gets quite annoying. I shouldn't have to open another tab and go over to the new tab for no reason other than to come back to my dashboard and get the left nav links to work. It's my work around because the tickets get closed and live chat has been no assistance on this for a couple months or better

Comment

Originally posted by Toobusy View Post
            When I go to my dashboard and hover over any of the links on the left nav bar, no subcategories display until I open another tab and come back and then I can view orders and subs. I've opened tickets, they get closed. Been going on since FF33. I tried Chrome and if I click on anything I get a pop up that asks if I'm sure I want to delete the product....no, sure don't, wanted to edit a price, but not delete. I won't use IE so I can't tell you if I have problems with it, but two of two browsers and locking up, nav bar won't work, etc. gets quite annoying. I shouldn't have to open another tab and go over to the new tab for no reason other than to come back to my dashboard and get the left nav links to work. It's my work around because the tickets get closed and live chat has been no assistance on this for a couple months or better
            Hi toobusy!

Send me a PM with the ticket # and I'll be glad to review the issues.

Jimmy

Comment

We understand your frustration with spam and there's nothing wrong with change. However, In my opinion, making the available options mobile friendly before killing the email would have been a better option.

With regard to phone support, 30 minutes just to file a ticket! I prefer to use the email system because there were many instances with phone support where tickets were incorrect or never created.

I had never noticed the new footer in the Online Store Manager before. In Chrome, this area is normally displays the link information. Is this something new?

I tried using the online support. It does not show my open tickets. I can see the closed tickets when I select the check box but when unchecked, it shows nothing even though I have an open ticket.

Comment

Ditto liveincan. I get nothing on my tickets there either and when I put a tick in the show closed tickets, I get one. Believe me, I have far more than one. And when I use the link it'll lock my desktop up, so close the tab, reopen and try again. Couldn't open one yesterday no matter how I tried to I found my old bookmark to go open a ticket and that worked. Actually I just needed to find the ticket number that Jimmy asked for and that was a feat

Comment

I have had mostly good experiences with phone and chat support. I do prefer e-mail and the ticket system.

With e-mail it is possible to just White List the e-mail addresses registered in the Support System and reject all the rest. 3dcart customers sending support tickets from their registered e-mail will get through and be able to open tickets, the rest will receive a "Use the Support System" reply e-mail.

On the Store Manager, ticking "Closed Tickets" only shows THREE tickets. I have probably a hundred that I can see on the support portal. Lots of times to file a new ticket I have to go through old tickets to collect facts/data/correspondence, not having access to old tickets on the Admin lessens its usefulness.

Comment

Jimmy have you looked into my tickets that I pm'd the ticket numbers to you on because I see they're closed and nothing is resolved. I still have to open another tab or window and go to it and then come back to my dashboard to get the left nav menu on my dashboard to allow me to view subcategories which is a royal PITA, but my tickets get closed with no contact. In fact, I got notice today that because support has heard from me they're going to close a ticket....from August 2013. REALLY?? Can you imagine the way that rubs against someone's grain with they have open tickets unresolved and being closed but someone wanting to close a ticket that almost two years old? Then when you go to reply to the ticket that almost two years old it says I don't have permission to view it. Makes me want to scream.

NDU-914-76672 That one is closed with no contact with me at all on the issue of the nav bar and fly outs not working for me on my dashboard
                    FFQ-323-72069 same samey on this one, just closed, no effort to resolve the issue?

Comment

Working...
                    X