Responsive Design on Mobile - Sub Categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Responsive Design on Mobile - Sub Categories

I recently upgraded my website - www.HolisticPetInfo.com - to a responsive theme. I was hoping to improve my mobile conversions but instead they have decreased by 54%. I think the drop down submenus may be the culprit. I don't like the drop down menus (--Select Sub-Category--) as I find it confusing because you have to scroll through the subcategories and then touch the "x" to display the submenu and the associated products. Is there a way to disable the drop menu/scrolling feature and just have the subcategories listed? What I am referring to just applies to mobile devices.

Any suggestions?

you can definitely do this with CSS and media queries. You'll need to create a version of the responsive.css file in your template folder and make some rules to alter the way the subcategory block's elements display on smaller screen sizes. If you're not comfortable with css, I suggest hiring shaun at thecartdesigner.com

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion -- I contacted Shaun and he did exactly what I needed.

Comment

JulieAndrus... did you use a 3dcart responsive template or have them do this for you from their wire frames or use an outside company/template? If within 3dcart, which template was it?

Comment

Originally posted by JulieAndrus View Post
          I recently upgraded my website - www.HolisticPetInfo.com - to a responsive theme. I was hoping to improve my mobile conversions but instead they have decreased by 54%. I think the drop down submenus may be the culprit. I don't like the drop down menus (--Select Sub-Category--) as I find it confusing because you have to scroll through the subcategories and then touch the "x" to display the submenu and the associated products. Is there a way to disable the drop menu/scrolling feature and just have the subcategories listed? What I am referring to just applies to mobile devices.

Any suggestions?

Do you have any suggestions on how to get it fixed? I do not like the sub-categories as drop down on mobile version, I would like them to display exactly as on desktop version.

It seems that somewhere the mobile html code gets transformed from the desktop version, and I just cannot figure out where this modification takes place. I would appreciate any suggestions.
          Thanks,

Comment

Working...
          X