MS Outlook Express and Alias Emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Outlook Express and Alias Emails

I have my email account setup for 3dCart - but don't want to use the web email program.

I have created a few alias emails to distribute incoming emails to their proper folder (orders, support etc).

I set up MS Outlook express to send/receive email from my main account and that works fine.

However I do not get any email sent to an alias email address.

Here is the response I got from support - which I don't really understand:

Outlook will only download emails in the "inbox" if you are using folders, those emails will not download
    How do you handle alias emails if you're not using the web email program?
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

I found it best to create a "rule" in Outlook. I don't know if that's possible with Outlook Express. Basically, first the email directed towards the alias account goes into the inbox (where it must be downloaded to), then Outlook automatically applies the rule I've created. The rule states that any email that goes through "Email Account XXX" be moved to folder "XXX" and automatically flagged with a "Reminder" set for 24 hrs.

Like I said, I don't know Outlook Express so I'm not sure this is all possible, but it seems to have worked wonders for me so far in Outlook 2007 (and Outlook 2003 previously).

I hope I was able to be of some assistance :)

Comment

Inviting Ways - the problem was - the emails never got to Outlook. However 3dCart support gave me a more clear explanation.

I was using content filters on the web email program to have the emails from different aliass go to different folders in the WEB program. If the emails aren't in the inbox of the web program they never get forwarded to Outlook Express. So I've removed all of my content filters and will see if that resolves the issue.
      C Ekman
      Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
      http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

my bad...glad you got it figured out anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X