Firefox + 3dcart admin --Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox + 3dcart admin --Problems?

Im using FF 2.0 on a PC and for some reason this week i am unable to view the admin section. I type the URL and it shows a white screen. Before I submit a ticket, I want to know if anybody else is having this problem. It views fine in IE, but IE sucks.

Use FF 2.X exclusively for accessing the Admin page and no problems this week even though I have probably spent about 35 hours in there.

Comment

although i use firefox for everything else, i have had to keep a window open in IE in order to use 3dc admin. you can do quite a bit of the admin in ff, but some things don't work or will crash your browser, so ie is unfortunately what must be used

Comment

Originally posted by bristweb View Post
        although i use firefox for everything else, i have had to keep a window open in IE in order to use 3dc admin. you can do quite a bit of the admin in ff, but some things don't work or will crash your browser, so ie is unfortunately what must be used
        This is what my experience has been as well.

Comment

We use firefox here alot, and the only page that makes firefox go crazy is the template editor, because it uses a bunch of javascript that for some reason firefox does not like very much.

We've done away with that on the new release.

What other pages are you all having problems with firefox specifically?
          ----------------------------
          Gonzalo Gil
          3dCart Support
          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

You are correct. The Template Editor is where I've experienced most of my problems. The other place I can think of (off the top of my head) is when I'm adding drop images to an Option Template. Granted, the kind of problems I experience could be a result of my browser settings (and various tab plug-ins).

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
              I have also noticed that the languages page has trouble...it appears to load correctly, but refuses to allow any typing into the text boxes.

Comment

We use firefox here alot, and the only page that makes firefox go crazy is the template editor, because it uses a bunch of javascript that for some reason firefox does not like very much.

no it was weird. i couldnt even access the admin panel. i trashed the profile, created a new one, and it works fine! thanks! probably corrupted file or something.

Comment

i try manipulating the manufacturer information and it will not save. perhaps a wysiwyg problem there...

Comment

Where's this "new release" you speak of? I suppose it's not rolled out yet?

I am currently evaluating 3dcart for a client. But I found it incredibly short-sighted that the template editing feature is only supported under IE, arguably the worst browser today... Why, in 3dcart's infinite wisdom, did you guys decide to support a platform dependent, security ridden browser? What about us Mac/Unix/Linux guys with other more standards compliant browsers? It's 2008, and I am pretty offended that a "major" ecommerce package would only support IE (no, I prefer not to run Windows via VMWare on my Mac if I don't have to).

By being non-Mac user friendly, you are eliminating a good chunk of designers out of your market.

One last thing, why would you disable the FTP feature on the demo product when you only support IE? I mean, com'on, what do I have to do to have my client pay you his money? Why are you making it so inconvenient for your customers to evaluate your products and want to pay you? When I found out that I wasn't able to use the template editor, I shrugged it off and said to myself that surely I can just test it out locally and FTP everything up... But I guess somebody at your biz development team didn't really think this one through....

Sorry for the rant... But I haven't been so inconvenienced as a customer for quite some time... And this is really frustrating as I like what you are trying to achieve... but.... oh well...

Comment

I don't disagree that the admin panel should work on all browsers. This is something being fixed and only a major problem for demo users (as paid clients have FTP access)

Yes, we thought about FTP access on the demo, as well as giving access to have a domain being attached, but, you have to understand, its a demo, there is over 1000 stores on that server, and resources are limited.

Until the next release there will not be a fix for this, and I guess we could do what most of our competitors do and just close the demo, but, the majority of users that try out the demo don't seem to find this a major inconvenience.
                      ----------------------------
                      Gonzalo Gil
                      3dCart Support
                      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thank you for your explanation. That's very helpful.

Coming from a customer/tester point of view, though, I have to say that the closer the experience I get to the real production process, the better off I feel about your product, especially since the template editor doesn't work with non-IE browsers... which I am still at awe about... (sorry). Then at least give us non-Windows users the options to go FTP and see how that process works (so that I can make the appropriate recommendation to my client since I also need to produce the necessary documentation for the process).

I am reviewing this product as well as two others; do it for the sake of being competitive if not for the convenience of your potential customers. Other than that, I do appreciate you sharing the difficulty in doing that. But in all honesty, 3dcart can't pass on the inconvenience of 3dcart on to us as users and potential paying customers. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for your quick response and in-depth explanation. This is very appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by scchu View Post
                          One last thing, why would you disable the FTP feature on the demo product when you only support IE? I mean, com'on, what do I have to do to have my client pay you his money? Why are you making it so inconvenient for your customers to evaluate your products and want to pay you?
                          I agree, and ran into the same trouble when i was evaluating 3dc for a client. however, i decided to go ahead and buy it and just use 30day guarantee if there were any problems.

i'm very happy with it now, and we are now directing most of our clients to 3dcart

Comment

Good point on the 30-day guarantee thing. But I almost feel like I shouldn't ask my client to give me 30 days to try the product out for him before committing to it when I should have a complete working demo to evaluate to begin with.

But point taken. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X