Merchant Survey Code Java

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merchant Survey Code Java

We are putting in the java script code for a Merchant Survey Code and had a few questions. This would be a question directed to other store owners that have one of these on their site.

1) Where is this best to be put on in part of the check out process?

2) What template page would this be best to put it on?

Regards
    Joey

If you're using the Bizrate survey, put the javascript in checkout_step_4.html. This will pop up the survey immediately after checkout.
    Chris
    TC Life Safety
    TC Wireless

Comment

Thank you! This one is pricegrabber which should basically be the same I believe.

Regards

Comment

You're welcome. Beware that in the configuration variables for PriceGrabber, you will need to supply a field for the order total. Use [total_noformat] instead of [total]. [total_noformat] strips the dollar sign out.
        Chris
        TC Life Safety
        TC Wireless

Comment

Thank you again for those details. I looked at the java code from PG and do not see any variable for Total. Could it be due to PriceGrabbers new and improved merchant review script? (something they state on the details)

Regards

Comment

Sorry, I misread as the ROI tracker, not merchant survey. You're correct, they wouldn't need to order total just to pitch the survey. Bizrate's survey code does look for order details, but I believe they combined the survey and ROI tracking code.

I don't have a PG account so I can't check the code. Best of luck.
            Chris
            TC Life Safety
            TC Wireless

Comment

No worries! Got the code in and seems to work fine. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Hello TCLifeSafety, I wanted to pick you brain for the ROI Tracking Code. I am sure you heard that PG got bought out by Connexity (Bizrate, and others). I am in the process of adding the ROI code and got a few questions. I remember what you said about using [total_noformat] instead of [total] in the code. BUT, what about the other data code details that need to be populated?

"cust_type=1&order_id=9999999&order_value=[total_noformat]&units_ordered=3' />

Any help would be appreciated.

Joey

Comment

This should give you any variables you need from checkout:
                  http://www.3dcart.com/guide/template...html#variables

I wasn't able to find any reference to customer type (group). Order ID will be [invoice_ordernum], units ordered will be [numitems].

Hope this helps.
                  Chris
                  TC Life Safety
                  TC Wireless

Comment

Thank you! That helps. What do you put in for customertype in yours? Just leave as 1?

Joey

Comment

I never used the PG script, but I'd imagine you can use 0 (not registered) - it won't make a difference on your end.
                      Chris
                      TC Life Safety
                      TC Wireless

Comment

Actually, this is the Connexity (Bizrate, and others), not the PG one.

Comment

Gotcha - 0 should still work. I don't use it at all and still get the analytics.
                          Chris
                          TC Life Safety
                          TC Wireless

Comment

Awesome! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                            X