Formatting lost on orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formatting lost on orders

Is anyone having this problem? Click an order>action>invoice, click Print Packing Slip. The packing slip shows as a list with no formatting. (Printing is fine.)

Yep getting the same thing on my end, however when I have another window open for printing it's fine and formatted there and the end printed result is fine. Never noticed this before now

Comment

I wish that would work for me. I use the packing slip to place orders with drop shippers. So, they won't be able to read this. Because of options, we have to drop the text into Word and manually delete option costs. Was OK on Friday. By the way, the Packing Slip shows also Billing Information and $$ for options.

Comment

Do a support ticket maybe? This is the first time I've seen it like that and you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have noticed until probably tomorrow when I pick my packing lists for tomorrows set up and build on the bench.

Comment

Yes, thanks. I put in a support ticket (about 1 hr ago). Marked it as critical and ticket was confirmed. No response. I was hoping that others would see it and contacting support as well.

Comment

Bad news. Support said that because it is HTML5, they cannot display it in table version. The print version won't work for me. Unless a workaround can be found, I'm going to have to leave 3Dcart which I don't want to do.

Comment

Bad news. Support said that because it is HTML5, they cannot display it in table version.
              Yet again that is completely wrong.... Seems to be an ongoing pattern. Just go to the common folder (not common-html5) and download the packing_print,html and/or invoice_print.html reupload them to your template folder. Since they are print screens they do not need to be native on mobile (no pure print options on mobile anyway for obvious reason). However if they print from mobile to a wireless printer it will now print as it should have as if on a desktop.

Hope this helps
              TheCartDesigner.com
              Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
              100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Thanks Shaun!! You saved my day, week, month and year. This is not so smart on 3Dcart's part. They would have lost two stores from me alone.

Comment

This is not so smart on 3Dcart's part. They would have lost two stores from me alone.
                  You are very welcome. Unfortunately, I will never get any credit or thank you from them for that.... Oh well....lol. Back to work I go.
                  Last edited by thecartdesigner; 04-13-2015, 01:56 PM.
                  TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Hey all. Here's Shaun's support page. Take a look around. He's an awesome guy with the knowledge we need. (He didn't ask for this plug.)
                    http://www.thecartdesigner.com

Comment

Oh. And, here's Support's answer: "I apologize for the inconvenience Kay but the only thing that can be done is to have a designer customize that specific page so that it contains tables." Jeesh. Shaun already told us and we didn't have to a designer. I'm going to contact Gil on this one.

Comment

Added the rest of the response from support.

Comment

Shaun saves alot of our rumps on a pretty regular basis. Id' say 3dc needs him on their "team" but they probably wouldn't pay him what he's worth....and that's an unsolicited plug for Shaun also, he never asks for accolades

Comment

Thanks everyone... that is very kind of you. Granted I am not perfect... I have so many requests/emails/crms that I also fall behind unfortunately. But it is not by lack of fighting effort. Speaking of which.... gotta get back to it.
                            TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by thecartdesigner View Post

You are very welcome. Unfortunately, I will never get any credit or thank you from them for that.... Oh well....lol. Back to work I go.

Hi Shaun, thanks for helping with this issue, I really appreciate that!

Originally posted by Davef View Post
                              Oh. And, here's Support's answer: "I apologize for the inconvenience Kay but the only thing that can be done is to have a designer customize that specific page so that it contains tables." Jeesh. Shaun already told us and we didn't have to a designer. I'm going to contact Gil on this one.
                              Davef, I think support gave you the right answer, "a designer can fix it", and Shaun (who is a designer) did :)

I do apologize if their answer came out wrong, but asking to have tables back in the template that is now "table-less" sound more as personal request than reporting an actual issue.

There is a problem in the invoice, I can see the CSS reference has the MEDIA set to PRINT. Which means the STYLES are only available when clicking on PRINT. The fix for this is not going to the common templates, but to switch that line from "print" to "all" so the styles are also available when viewing the packing slip and not just when printing.

This is definitely a valid issue, and I'll make sure that it's handled globally so you can viewed the packing slip and printed invoice with the same styles it had when printing.

Comment

Working...
                              X