Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the GTIN Field was added, "Next" and "Previous" were removed from Product Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the GTIN Field was added, "Next" and "Previous" were removed from Product Pages

I'm glad that the GTIN field was added. It will free up one of the 'extra_field' 's I was using, but I also use the prev/next navigation quite regularly. Can we get it back?
    Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

What is a GTIN number, we just noticed this? And is it a Google requirement for SEO? I still see next/back still if you go into a product from "products...view/edit" but it's not there if you are duplicating a product or searching for a product and go into it, but I believe that was always that way, no?

Comment

Short version:
      A GTIN is the product's UPC and is required by Google.

Long version:
      A GTIN (Global Trade Item Number) is the product's UPC, EAN, JAN, or ISBN and isn't necessarily required by Google for a its Merchant Product Feeds as long as you have two out of the three (technically four) Unique Product Identifier fields: GTIN, Brand, MPN (Manufacturer Part Number).

I said three because the fourth field (identifier_exists) can substitute for GTIN, but only if a GTIN doesn't actually exist for the product (not that you just can't find it).

More about Google Product Feeds.
      Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

Comment

Working...
      X