Single page checkout V1 vs V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single page checkout V1 vs V2

Just wondering for those who switched to one page checkout V2 if you have noticed any increases in conversion. I am looking at switching but there are a couple minor issues causing me to hold off. Trying to decide whether to go with it now or not.

In its current form the V2 checkout won't hide the option to create an account when guest checkout is disabled. As soon as that is fixed I'll be switching over to it.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

I just checked it out, I must be missing something. How does it increase sales vs the old version. To me it looked really tight/busy, but that could just be me. I think I was more annoyed the 'Shopping Cart' header didn't line up and the center column seemed odd once you got near the bottom (like where you enter card into).

Comment

Unless you are transitioning from your own highly edited and dysfunctional checkout page, the new V2 checkout will not measurably increase your conversions. People bail on checkout pages because of the shipping rate, broken payment gateway, or early onset buyer's remorse - not because the checkout isn't pretty.
        - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Thanks. 3D Cart says it is designed to increase conversion. I was just curious if this was occurring. Users do get lost on the V1 checkout, thats a long standing issue. I was hoping V2 would change that. The payment section looks odd in its current form, at least to me and things dont seem to line up quite right, but its still in Beta..

Comment

It looked much better than the old one page checkout. A few sections only appear on demand, which makes the page appear smaller. It is also much better on Mobile. Currently we use Multi Page but we are switching to V2. Only time will tell.

Comment

I like the v2. I edited a few little details, but think it works very well.

www.nmteaco.com

feel free to add something to your cart if you want to check it out.

As far as conversation... I don't know, it seems about the same.
              Last edited by NMTEACO; 04-30-2015, 05:59 PM.

Comment

NMTEACO I like the way you did the credit cards. You have two credit card options, Credit Cards, and Online Credit Cards?

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                  NMTEACO I like the way you did the credit cards. You have two credit card options, Credit Cards, and Online Credit Cards?

Thanks for catching that, I was messing around the other day, and forgot to delete the other one. We just have one, we use stripe.

Comment

I switched to V2 check out and my sales have fallen off a cliff, this is the first time in a year that I have gone more then a day with no sales. I am trying to see if there is something wrong with our store, normally we are doing very well at this point in the month.

Comment

I have never understood why the phone number is placed in the middle of the address. As soon as I have time, I'll need to edit this as I did V1. That is confusing to the customers. I put it above the email.

Comment

Nmteaco

Can I ask what you did to fix the issue you had with two credit card section showing? I had a new template built and installed but my Checkout 3 page shows two different credit card blocks. One labeled credit card and the other says Paypal. I already have a paypal link. I tried deleting the ccgateway something or other code but that removed both.

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post

Can I ask what you did to fix the issue you had...
                          In my case I just had two online credit card options showing... Do you have a link to your site so I can see what your talking about?

Comment

how do you move the email and phone number boxes? I would just have Shaun do it, but I dont think he has time right now to mess with little things,

Comment

We chose V2

Comment

Working...
                              X