Saved Credit Card on Phone Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved Credit Card on Phone Orders

I have a question for those you with reference transactions enabled on a gateway other than PayPal Payflow Pro. Do you have the option to select the saved credit card on file in the billing tab under Phone Orders? I am trying to determine if it is an issue specifically with my gateway or 3dcart overall.

I am not positive, but I think that breaks PCI Complaince. Someone from 3dcart would have to verify this answer
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

To my knowledge it does not break PCI as long as the payment information is stored following PCI guidelines. It is common order feature to use a credit card 'On File'. Our other cart that we are migrating away from supports selecting saved payment and they are PCI compliant.

Comment

3-Dcart does not allow the saving of credit card numbers on the site and will run scripts to delete such numbers off your site which would violate their PCI status

Caveat: I'm sure target and Home Depot were PCI compliant

Comment

Originally posted by windycityparrot View Post
          3-Dcart does not allow the saving of credit card numbers on the site and will run scripts to delete such numbers off your site which would violate their PCI status
          You are correct. You cannot save the actual credit card anywhere in your store. What I am referring to are reference transactions. If your payment gateway supports reference transactions and 3dcart has implemented it for your gateway, you will see the following check box in your online payment method:
          Enable Billing Agreement / Reference Transactions

The payment gateways supplies 3dcart with a token that does not contain any sensitive information like a credit card number, but allows future charges/credits to be made against that card. The token is only valid for transactions from your store and the payment gateway and I believe is good for 12 months.

Our gateway, Payflow Pro, supports reference transactions. So does Authorize.net and Stripe as I understand it.

Comment

Working...
          X