Needed Improvements to Dimensional Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed Improvements to Dimensional Shipping

The dimensional shipping available with the 6.6 release is good start. However, it would be of greater benefit if were more developed, more robust. First, in the product admin, the product dimension boxes should allow decimal places not just integers/whole numbers. The setup for each box should allow for the box weight and inventory. This box inventory could developed to give a low stock warning just as products do. The box weights could be added to the product weights to give a total shipping weights for each sent to FedEx or UPS.

Any thoughts?
    Luxlife

Another improvement to dimensional shipping would be adding a check box that would allow the product dimensions to be passed directly to the shipping company. This is useful for products that ship in their own packaging and do not need a box. This is especially useful for drop shipping from suppliers where the dimensions of the packaging is known and you do not want to use predefined sizes.
    Luxlife

Comment

I've talked to support on a half a dozen occasions or more about the dimensions for boxes and it only allowing whole numbers, because USPS flat rate boxes are not whole numbers, hoping that that would get me more accurate shipping calculations since I ship mostly flat rate, and was told that I needed to request that feature I'm hoping they see that with dimensional rather than weight based shipping it's almost a must instead of a requested feature

Comment

Working...
      X