V6 .6 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6 .6 issues

I understand that causation does not necessarily imply a correlation but in the past 24 hours I have opened up seven tickets perhaps more with support while watching my conversion drop 50% (the sites 12 years old so I know this is an anomaly)

Quick cart comes and goes - eBay synchronization will not turn off - cart abandonment emails will not trigger - I have it in writing that my homepage with me logged in is the new 404 error page and support can PROVE that - the WYSIWYG editor is worse than ever I spend 5 to 10 hours putting together 2 blog posts and complete hour is spent reformatting text line by line by line. Every anchor text link in the blog post has to be resized two times - no exceptions

Since our switch to responsive design I'm going through more than 2000 listings individually in finding font sizes have changed and always right in the middle of the page many times in the middle of a paragraph

Am I alone here?

Here supports proof (& your laugh for the day) indisputable proof of what my new 404 page looks like http://screencast.com/t/zxoLAfB8b

Mitch, your site looks good and functions well for me. If I type your store address, add a slash, and add some random characters, I just get the standard 404 page. Nothing problematic or unusual. Everything adds to cart as it should, and the progression to checkout is smooth.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

thank you for the kind words

yes - the 404 home page caper has been solved - other issues remain

Comment

What do you think is causing the drop in conversions? how long ago did it start? We have had our sales fall off a cliff since right at the end of april. we are talking 50-70% down from even our slowest of months.

Comment

in this case we were beta testing a new dash but some unexpected issues manifested them selves when settings moved to plug ins in the beta version - what changes on your site could have triggered the decline?

Comment

We have not really touched anything. We have been plugging along the same as we have for the last couple of months. Traffic seems off by 50% and sales are more then that off. We are mobile friendly and have been since day one. our conversion tracking is not working in google analytics I have tried a few times to get that setup and it wont work.

Comment

Google analytics should indicate where the hemorrhaging of traffic is stemming from - what is it telling you? Referrers - search or direct?

Comment

Hey windycityparrot, hopefully your sales are back up. I took a look and your site is performing fine for me but I did see some things that might be causing you problems on mobiles.

The floating Norton shopping guarantee can get in the way. It can cover the quantity box on your product pages and is very close to the add to cart button. People may be clicking it accidentally sometimes, and if they do it opens a new window and takes them off of your site. I wouldn't recommend moving it to the right though, since then it would cover checkout buttons at times. I haven't seen a good solution anywhere yet that lets you have a floating trust seal on a mobile page - they always end up getting in the way of something important.

The trust seals are extremely small on both mobile and desktop. If I weren't already familiar with them I wouldn't know what they were on the mobile at first glance.

Your "redeem this item for points" buttons on the product pages are pretty large compared to the add to cart button, and they are showing up for me even though I'm not logged on and don't have any points. If I click it I am taken to a page that says "Whoops! Please log in to earn & redeem rewards". You can set this to only appear for logged in customers if you want, we found that worked better for us. Also its right next to your addthis share buttons on mobile, I can't really touch the facebook or pin it or twitter buttons without hitting the redeem this item button. I would definitely recommend a different size for it, you are likely to have better results if your add to cart button is larger than the redeem for rewards button. I'm not sure if you are using any A/B or split test software but if you are you could give it a try and see how it performs.

I also discovered (and this is a much bigger issue) that if I click the redeem button and then go back and try to add the product to my cart, it won't let me. It keeps taking me back to the "Whoops! Please log in to earn & redeem rewards" page. If I reload/refresh the product page it will let me add it to my cart, but most people aren't going to do that.

Your verbiage with your logo (15% off 1st orders $49 ships free etc) is very hard to read on a mobile. A different logo for mobile customers might work better.

The menu button is on the left but the menu pops out of the right. That seems odd.

Finally on the checkout on mobile the "Continue Shopping" button isn't a button, its just text, and its kind of hard to find. The Checkout and International Checkout buttons are almost touching, I accidentally clicked the international checkout button when I meant to click the checkout button.

I tested the mobile on an Iphone 6 and desktop on Chrome.

Comment

RE The floating Norton shopping guarantee can get in the way -

please send screen shot I've never seen it other than the lower left corner it should never leave -I have never seen it "float" as a you have

re: Your "redeem this item for points" buttons on the product pages are pretty large compared to the add to cart button, and they are showing up for me even though I'm not logged on and don't have any points. If I click it I am taken to a page that says "Whoops! Please log in to earn & redeem rewards". You can set this to only appear for logged in customers if you want, we found that worked better for us.

If the points button is hidden the 65% of visitors who are first time visitors never know we have a point system - so I'm not sure how hiding a benefit from customers is helpful -

Have you tested for showing the button logged in or not? We are the only site on 3dcart with the configuration showing the points button when not logged in - once we did that we saw literally a 3000% jump in points redemption from 2 a month to 10 - 20 per week - how many redemption's do you get? how are you using rewards as a marketing tool?

re Your verbiage with your logo (15% off 1st orders $49 ships free etc) is very hard to read on a mobile. A different logo for mobile customers might work better.

let me know how to switch logos based on device - it can't be done to my knowledge. Responsive design is all about design trade -oos as when you design for RD you are designing for 6 screen desktop horizontal & vertical Tablet horizontal & vertical - smart phone horizontal & vertical -

do you ship internationally? if you do please offer how I can best convey that message to smartphone users in Italy

re Also its right next to your addthis share buttons on mobile, I can't really touch the facebook or pin it or twitter buttons without hitting the redeem this item button

I dont give a hoot about share buttons - share buttons & social media icons are worthless conversion killers - within a week after removing all the social media icons and Facebook box from our site we saw more than a 1/4% jump in conversion - social media is a huge waste of marketing time & money

re buttons on view cart - the sites 12 years old and has seen more than 7,000,000 visitors & probably 200 button configurations on the view cart page- the size shape and placement of buttons has never had an impact worth

actually it's check out one that's problematic - we have a list of more than 30 design changes slated for that page next month

Comment

btw - because we test for everything we found the root cause of the majority of issues was an engineering flaw with the admin (beta) we were involved with - once we disconnected from the new beta dash the problems disappeared.

Comment

any more detail on this engineering flaw? are all of us that have logged in using this beta panel going to be effected?

Comment

What does the admin beta backend have to do with your store's traffic? The beta is there whether you access it or not.
                        - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Originally posted by windycityparrot View Post
                          btw - because we test for everything we found the root cause of the majority of issues was an engineering flaw with the admin (beta) we were involved with - once we disconnected from the new beta dash the problems disappeared.
                          What do you mean "disconnected from the new beta dash"? Do you mean just not logging in to it or did you request removal from the beta program?

Our traffic and sales have fallen off a cliff also and we can't figure out a reason. We were 100% mobile/responsive (and tested 100% per google) since BEFORE Mobilegeddon. There was no change associated with that - it started just before then anyway.

Comment

@JustPoppin hard to say - you'll have to walk thru your admin and check all the settings and be sensitive to changes in conversion rates

Comment

Working...
                            X