Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a "You have requested more quanity than we have available" error message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a "You have requested more quanity than we have available" error message?

I've noticed some strange behavior in my store and I wonder if there's a way to correct it.

I only have a quantity of 2 of Widget XYZ in my store, and if a customer adds 3 to their cart, it just adds 2 to their cart, without a message telling them what's happened.

And when the customer views their cart and only sees 2, and changes that number to 3 and hits Update, it takes them to a page that says

Out of Stock
    The Item Widget XYZ could not be added to your order. It's not currently available with the options you selected.
    I think the behavior should be

Customer adds 3 to cart, no product is added to the cart, and a pop-up appears

Sorry, we don't have enough of the quantity you requested. Please try again.

You could show stock on your prod and cat pages. That would make it much easier.
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Okay, thanks for the solution. It looks like the only way to do that is via a template change, so I'd have to make a new listing template and use that for the items that I want to show stock on?

I'll have to think more about that one. I'm not sure I want to "advertise" how much inventory I have.

Comment

If you set the item's inventory control as "out of stock" then the customer will receive the error message you requested. You can edit the message in System Messages (message #28) and put the stock in it.
        This item is of limited stock. <strong>Please order [stock] or less.</strong>
        As for the Category page, we use a java script: If [stock] is between 1 & 6 , show [stock], otherwise show [availability]. Where [stock] shows the actual number in stock, and [availability] just shows the message you have for In stock/Out of Stock.
        PM me if you want it.

Comment

Working...
        X