Pre-Defined Boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Defined Boxes

Wondered if anyone has worked with trying to set up pre-defined boxes for USPS Flat/Regional Rate boxes, and whether setting up each product's dimensinos actually works in this process. I had a previous shopping cart that allowed me to do this through a plug-in, but the problem was the shipping calculation. For example, I sell 1-inch wood beads as one of my products, so obviously the dimensions would be 1x1x1 -- this other cart, if you ordered 300 of these beads, would calculate a package that was 300" long, 1" high, and 1" deep -- and needless to say that would throw the carrier rates off - wouldn't even return rates for fedex if you had a box that big.

So I'm wondering how 3dcart handles this calculation and whether or not this would work.
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

Did you ever get any feedback for this issue? I am switching from Quick Shopping Cart by GoDaddy which handled all of the flat-rate boxes wonderfully. Customer Service doesn't seem to have a clue.

Comment

Have not -- though this is a relatively new 3D feature, so I'm sure there aren't many folks who have worked with it. Most my Priority Mail are Regional Boxes, and I don't think there is a good way to pre-configure those since it is more than just size, but location as well, without some extensive custom modification. And even with that I'm leery because of the issues I had with another cart in the past.
      Joe Arbogast
      http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

The flat rate shipping boxes I haven't been able to put the dimensions in so that USPS would recognize and pull them, 3dc only allows whole numbers as dimensions and of course USPS flat rate boxes are fractional dimensions, so I too am interested in a more accurate way to get regional and the different flat rate calculations. I've been numerous times with support on the lack of ability to get an accurate shipping quote through USPS and was told I should request the feature. I would think accurate shipping calculations wouldn't have to be a requested feature but should be included in an ecommerce site. But what do I know? Hoping someone will chime in and help us all out

Comment

After extensive discussions with support on many levels and supposedly talks with the developers, I was told that this was something that they were planning on implementing, but not in the near future. If it is something that you require as I do in my business, you need to be looking for another company.

Comment

Another cart ncwood?

Comment

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...order-shipment

Im curious if USPS would pick up flat rate pricing if they came close to their flat rate box measurements. Seems I've tried it before and the calculations were not accurate and priority flat rate was not offered. Since 6.6 I'm not sure, I'll try again?

Comment

Working...
              X