Hinding the Shopping Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinding the Shopping Cart

Is there a way to hide the 'mini-cart/shopping cart' from appearing on my site without entirely deleting it from the HTML?

I would like to add a 'View Cart' link on the top of my site, rather than having the cart always showing. What would be the best way to do that?

Under Setting > General > Store Settings...scroll down to the "Store Display Features" and put a check next to "Hide Empty Shopping Cart". That will at least get rid of it when there is nothing in it.

I find it's helpful to show it when someone has something in their cart, it seems to help them with the shopping experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Inviting Ways View Post
      Under Setting > General > Store Settings...scroll down to the "Store Display Features" and put a check next to "Hide Empty Shopping Cart". That will at least get rid of it when there is nothing in it.

I find it's helpful to show it when someone has something in their cart, it seems to help them with the shopping experience.
      I don't really want it there when people have items in the cart though. It's overlapping my homepage graphics and the screen size I'm using. I'm looking to give customers a link to view the cart, but not always have it on the screen when items are in the cart.

Comment

well, unfortunately that's the limit of my knowledge :P Good luck

Comment

I would think you could just comment out the code in question and then either put text or an image link pointing to view_cart.asp. Not sure how much you know and if you feel comfortable editing the frame.html page. Just make sure you back it up before making any changes so you have something to reference and revert back to if necessary.

Comment

Working...
          X