Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shows out of stock on Product Page but In stock on Category Page

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shows out of stock on Product Page but In stock on Category Page

    Does anyone know how I can correct this without hiding the products? My product pages are correct and show "out of stock". However, my category pages show everything as in stock even if it is out of stock. Here is a page for reference, http://www.bead3.com/Czech-Glass-Min...ads_c_354.html

    Right now we have 10 of these items out of stock but all show as in stock on the category page.

    Rod
    www.Bead3.com

  • #2
    Do you have page caching enabled? If so, try clearing the cache. I don't think something like the status gets cached, but it's worth a try.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DeanP View Post
      Do you have page caching enabled? If so, try clearing the cache. I don't think something like the status gets cached, but it's worth a try.

      Thank you for the suggestion. I just cleared it but they still show as in stock.
      Rod
      www.Bead3.com

      Comment


      • #4
        What is the exact template you are using? My site is not anywhere near being live so I can install your template just to see if it does the same for me. My currently template does not have this problem.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by toolsavvy View Post
          What is the exact template you are using? My site is not anywhere near being live so I can install your template just to see if it does the same for me. My currently template does not have this problem.

          v32005-html5
          Rod
          www.Bead3.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Sorry, but it works fine for my store. Out of Stocks show as out of stock on the category pages. You must have made a change to one of your files (maybe category_0.html ???) that messed up that function. I unfortunately cannot help you with that.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by toolsavvy View Post
              Sorry, but it works fine for my store. Out of Stocks show as out of stock on the category pages. You must have made a change to one of your files (maybe category_0.html ???) that messed up that function. I unfortunately cannot help you with that.

              Thank you very much for looking at it. I've had that template going for about 7 months and it has had a good amount of changes. Could you possibly message me the clean category template code so I can compare?
              Rod
              www.Bead3.com

              Comment


              • #8
                I reverted back to my original template for the category_0 and it did not fix the issue. Maybe it was a change after I got my template?
                Rod
                www.Bead3.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  the clean category_0 file should be the one you see in your common_html5 folder. Keep in mind that I'm just guessing. I have no idea if that function you are having a problem with would be fixed somewhere in the category_01 file. Just a guess. Anyway, I just messaged you the file contents. Could not post it here due to too many characters.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Never mind. Could not message it to you either due to too many characters. LOL. This is not a very user friendly forum script, especially for the topic at hand.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I spoke with Support today and they gave me the fix for this. If you are doing a lot of product updates or imports you might encounter this.

                      The "show_out_stock" field must be set to -1 not 0 or 1.

                      Rod
                      www.Bead3.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Can you please clarify? Where would a person find this "show_out_stock" value in order to modify it? Are you referring to the upload file?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes, this would be on a product upload file
                          Rod
                          www.Bead3.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rod View Post
                            The "show_out_stock" field must be set to -1 not 0 or 1.
                            This is only half true!
                            -1 is Default, 1 is Out of Stock, 2 is Back Order, and 3 is Waiting List. There should not be a 0

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X