Inventory control and Drop-shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventory control and Drop-shipping

With Inventory Control, there has to be a stock number or the item is "OUT OF STOCK". For those who drop-ship from a supplier, and have no way of knowing what their stock numbers are, how do you handle the listing?

I normally enter 1 or 2 this means we can use the intock message as "Usually ships in 24-48 hours"

I dont know how to have an availability message other wise. We also need to have Back order status and out of stock when we do for sure have items that go on back order. There doesnt seem to be a way to control this with out having inventory control on.

Comment

I have not had any luck finding a workaround other than basically cheating the system like you said. I did suggest a fix on the suggestion board. Hopefully someone will fix it.

Comment

What I do for those items is put "Subject to Availability" in the Stock Message box for that product. Works out great that way.
        Joe Arbogast
        http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Google is getting very strict on this issue, so you must follow Google's rules. You should contact your supplier for advice on your mpn. Many times you input the sku in both places (product number and manufacturer number are the same - this is a common way with auto parts). If you ship internationally, you need the long GTIN. If you don't have it, you must look it up.

Birdsafe, your "subject to availability" message cannot be used. There are only 3 answers for that section: In Stock, Out of Stock, Preorder. Google will be enforcing this starting in September.

In order to prevent suspension of your feed please read the Google Shopping policies very carefully

Comment

Planet Google................Fulfilled by Amazon.

Comment

Working...
            X