Saving User's Cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving User's Cart?

I've noticed that if you have items in a shopping cart and you log out, you lose your cart items -- is this normal? Is there a setting or a way to change so that a customer keeps items via cookies/cache?

Thanks
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

Yes that is normal with 3dcart. I don't like it, but that is the way it is.

However, the cart is automatically saved on your account page, and can be accessed from there under the Saved Carts section.
    It would be nice if your last cart was auto-populated when you log in again.

Comment

I agree, it should not be like this. But I bet there is a simple "fix" to this.

I just checked on a BC site that is basically a vanilla install and it does "remember" your cart after you log out and then when you log back in. This is kinda sorta a good "feature", I think. In fact, it should be no other way, IMHO.

Comment

I just got an e-mail from one of my customers asking where there shopping cart went. I thought they must not have been logged in when they put it together but they were. I was actually really surprised to find out the shopping cart does not automatically load. I had to test it myself because my old shopping cart (which sucks compared to 3dcart except in this area) would keep it going for 30 days whether they were logged in or not as long as they did not clear their history. This can definitely cause lost sales because I have customers who work a long time building their shopping carts. Some of them build them at work and intend to pay when they get home. When they come back and their carts are gone they get mad and shop somewhere else. Most of them don't know how to find the saved carts and don't ask. Usually for every 1 customer who complains about something there are 100 who do not. I have a feeling I have lost a lot of sales from this. I sent support a ticket and will see what they say.
        Rod
        www.Bead3.com

Comment

Have to strongly agree with Rod -- not sure why it's not done, but the last Saved Cart should be automatically loaded for a customer when they return - -keep them logged in and used saved cart, or use cookies to save cart with IP address.
          Joe Arbogast
          http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Anybody know if there is any programming we can do to put a copy of the links from their account page over to the empty view cart page? That would at least be a good fix until 3dcart can automatically load the last shopping cart.
            Rod
            www.Bead3.com

Comment

Working...
            X