Country field auto-populating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country field auto-populating

Good morning. Is anyone having issues with the country field auto-populating with the United States but the customer still has to click the United States from the drop down menu to complete checkout? I think it may be confusing because they already think its filled in so they can't figure out that they have to re-select United States again to proceed. Is there a way to make the field blank like the other ones so they know they still have to actually select the country?

Thanks,
    Dana

I'm using Paypal Payments Standard as my only payment option and I am not having a problem, customer gets redirect to paypal without having to first re-select USA as country. Assuming you may be using your own on-site payment method (ie: merchant account) it may be different for you.

Also, I am using V1 single page checkout.

Comment

You don't mention which checkout template you are using. We are using V2 and do not have this problem. United States is pre-selected and works fine without re-selecting it.

Previously, we used Multi Page Checkout and it worked in the same way. US pre-selected and worked fine.

Try using Beyone Compare Text Compare ( http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php ) to compare your checkout page to that from the common folder to see what is different.

Comment

Thanks all. I am using multi-page checkout. It looks like the problem sort of fixed itself. Now it auto populates with United States and doesn't make you reselect it again to checkout, but the red asterisk never goes away. It doesn't seem to have the stuck asterisk issue at step 3. I'll just have to watch and see if my customers appear to have more issues with it.

Comment

Yes, keep checking. There is a bug (as far as I'm concerned it is a bug) where if a customer signs into his account when he is on the checkout page, he gets directed to his account page rather than back to checkout upon successful sign-in. It does this most of the time (but not all the time). Point is, anything that seems to have "fixed itself" possibly hasn't actually fixed itself at all.

Comment

Working...
          X