Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkout By Amazon

Hello All,

If anyone uses CBA as one of their payment options, have you figured out a way to eliminate the abandoned cart email from being sent to the buyer who used that option? I recently had a CBA and a subsequent terse email from the buyer who questioned why he received an email asking why the order was not placed. He was very confused because he did place and pay for the order. Obviously, I replied to his email assuring him we did get the order and would be shipped immediately. If anyone has a solution or a work around to this, I would appreciate your response.

Thanks,
    -Deby

This is not likely an issue CBA or otherwise. Sometimes a customer will return to the item after a purchase is made. The email is triggered because the customer left enough information in an unprocessed cart to trigger the email. This has been our observation as we have sometimes had customers ask the same question.
    Luxlife

Comment

Thanks Luxlife,

I agree, he did register on my site, so it generated a 'completed step 1' cart but I guess when he choose CBA versus PayPal or CC, the 'cart' considered it an abandoned sale. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

-Deby

Comment

I have this issue on a regular basis. My thinking was that customers were using two different computers (work and home, work and tablet/phone, etc) and starting an order and then submitting it on a different computer. In most cases the orders (placed and not completed) were identical. I changed my email to read:

"Please be aware that if you started an order on one computer (for example at work) and completed the order on a second computer (for example at home), you may have received this email because the system is referring to the other order cart you started. Also, in some areas the Internet Service Provider for your internet connection may change your IP address every time you connect and this can also result in multiple carts and these emails."

This has reduced the issue of customers questioning the abandoned cart email when they had already placed an order.

-

Lon

Comment

Thanks, Lon,
          That's a great idea to reword the email.
          -Deby

Comment

It may not be a good idea to change the email, in the way proposed. The current wording appears to the customer to be a message written specifically to them. This personal touch has led to a number of sales. We have had customers respond that stock message with a thank you for reminding them to finish the purchase. This benefit may be lost if the message appears to be system generated. We would rather respond to the occasional misunderstanding than lose this benefit.
            Luxlife

Comment

Hi Luxlife,

....sorry I was away for a few days and didn't get onto the forums. I totally agree that any new wording should not complicate matters or confuse buyers (some are already confused enough LOL)

-Deby

Comment

Working...
              X