Checkout Page Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkout Page Questions

It looks like by default, the check box "Same as Billing" for a Shipping address is checked, confusing some customers into thinking they don't have a choice. Is there a way to have the Shipping info area open by default and then they can click the box to close it?

Also, in the create a new account area, there is a box that says "
    Yes!, I would like to be notified of product updates." -- what the heck is that? Never seen anything about product update notifications in the Admin.
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

The "Yes! I would like to be notified of product updates." is actually just a checkbox for the customer to join your mailing list. the wording can be changed in Settings > Design > Store Language.

As for the billing address, ours isn't automatically checked, but I've done so much modifying I can't tell you if I changed a setting somewhere, or took it out in the actual template coding.

Comment

I prefer it to be checked. Most people in our store that use different addresses are scam orders using stolen cards. The only way to fight these ordered when it comes to charge backs is if the addresses are the same.

Comment

A lot of it is in the wording. You can do a lot to fix confusion with changing the text.

Comment

I just changed the New account one to guest check out to try and avoid scaring people away who do not want to start and account.

Comment

If a customer checks out as a guest. They dont have an account to check status of their order(s). Plus helps to keep down fraud orders as well. E commerce is way different than retail store where they can check out as a guest. You can test it for your self and see how this would work.

Comment

We still collect their email and info of course, but we see a large number of people that do not want to sign up for an "account" and make a password. Its odd I know, but people think by signing up that they are signing up for spam mail or something even though we get their email from them with out the password.

Comment

Hi all.. I am wrestling with this situation myself, and have come up with a happy middle ground.. for me. Please take a look at what I have been doing with the incredible help from Shaun at The Cart Designer. We put our heads together, come up with workable solutions, and he hammers this stuff out like a lightning bolt.. so easy to work with, and he does a lot of it late at night so that I look at it when I wake up, make mods, and then he does it that morning / afternoon. Another round of feedback, I go to sleep, and the process starts all over again. See the screen shot - Andrew Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 8.49.41 PM.png

Comment

ForcedFabllc - If I'm understanding correctly, you were able to change your checkout page so that the shipping is same as billing checkbox is automatically checked? Could you elaborate on how you did that? I'm still new at this, but have been wrestling with that for a while. It would be immensely helpful!

Comment

What checkout version are you using (singlepage v1, singlepage v2, multipage)?
                    TheCartDesigner.com
                    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
                    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

with few lines of code your problem can be solved depending on which version you using
                      tangopixel.com
                      Website Design and Development

Comment

thecartdesigner and cartexpert - Thank you both for your quick responses! We are using single page v1.

Comment

Hey jjamir,

It is a very simple fix and definitely doesn't take a few lines of code to fix. Shoot me a PM if you need help changing the line.

For everyone else and/or if you are fine working with code: In the (V1) checkout_singlepage.html go to line 279 (this will vary if you have made modifications to your template. Unmodified and most current is line 279)

Find line 279:
                          HTML Code:
                          <input type="checkbox" value="ON" name="sameAsBilling" id="sameAsBilling" onclick="showHideShipping();check_address('');" />
                          change to:

HTML Code:
                          <input type="checkbox" value="ON" name="sameAsBilling" id="sameAsBilling" onclick="showHideShipping();check_address('');" checked="checked"/>
                          So the only thing you need to add is the checked="checked" parameter.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
                          Shaun
                          TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Amazing! Thank you so much, Shaun!

Our store is the digital step forward for our school's candy fundraising sale, so we don't have shipping - only delivery (by our families) or pick up. This one small piece was driving our team bonkers for a while, but no one knows how to code and I've only just started figuring it out.

You've been an immense help! Thanks!

Comment

If that is how you need it to work, I will do you one better. Go: settings-->general-->store settings: Checkout Tab.

Now in the second block under this tab "Checkout" you will see where you select the checkout version and such. You will also see "Billing/Shipping must match". Check that box and save. Now your shipping area will be hidden all together.

This may be an even better solution for you instead of diving into the coding.
                              TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X