Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Make Drop Image Option Images Main Product Image Upon Selection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Make Drop Image Option Images Main Product Image Upon Selection?

Hi Everyone!

We have one of a kind shirts we would like to sell. We do not want to make a unique listing for each individual shirt. I was looking at the dropimage option. It only provides a small thumbnail that doesn't show the detail of the shirt. I found this thread http://forums.3dcart.com/forum/shopp...-image-option/ that details how to have the Main product image swapped for the drop image. I'm using an html 5 theme so the listing.js is completely different than what is mentioned in the thread. I would like to know the following:

1) How can I make it so the main product image is changed to the selected drop image option, OR at least have the drop image zoom out upon mouse over?

2) If I use the Advanced Options inventory can I make it so the the drop image option is removed when that shirt is purchased? Once again, there are only 1 of each shirt.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Marty; 07-24-2015, 06:32 PM.

Correction: I should have used this URL for the thread I had found (corrected) http://forums.3dcart.com/forum/shopp...-image-option/

Comment

I would also be interested in this.
      Just curious, did you open a ticket? Try referencing the old code in it. Also, you might want to contact 3dcart-Henry on the forum.

Comment

elightbox - I haven't opened a ticket. Usually, they won't resolve tickets like this, but I may see if I can get lucky.

The code in the html 5 common listing.js is very different from the old cart code. It's all on one line, and I can't find similarity to the old code mentioned in op.

Last edited by Marty; 07-25-2015, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I submitted a support ticket. They responded that I would need to hire the design team. This is very frustrating. That drop image feature is basically useless as it is. Every decent ecommerce site I've visited that sells options of clothing has the feature to show a different main picture when options are hovered or selected.

Comment

I have the responsive listing template for this, but it is main image change on drop image select only (no zoom options and no additional image to switch to show instead of the selected drop image). If anyone is interested I can load it up on a test site.
            TheCartDesigner.com
            Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
            100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

thecartdesigner I would definitely like to see this. Thanks!

Comment

PM me your IP address and I will send you access as soon as I can break away from some current work
                TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

thecartdesigner PM sent. Thanks!

Comment

I would like to see this as well.

Comment

Marty .. did you ever end up implementing this? If so, could you post a link to a product that has it in place? Thanks, A-

Comment

Originally posted by thecartdesigner View Post
                        I have the responsive listing template for this, but it is main image change on drop image select only (no zoom options and no additional image to switch to show instead of the selected drop image). If anyone is interested I can load it up on a test site.
                        thecartdesigner Hi there, would I be able to see this? I am having the same issue as the OP. Let me know. Thanks!!

Comment

Hi all,

We just finished a KB article explaining how to achieve this effect. It's been updated for HTML5 themes and happens to work well with additional images and magiczoom as well. Please have a look and if you're a do -it-yourselfer like I am, have at it!

Enjoy!

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...ticle/view/505

Comment

OWWW!! My knees!....lol.

If anyone wants the stock style template as a whole instead of having to do any coding changes and ftp stuff, just let me know. Probably just an hour service time.. Maybe not even that. I have been sitting on this because "required" does not work with drop image option. But if you have no need for an option to be required, then that would not be a big deal. But I cannot offer something as a product directly that is not completely functional.

Thanks,
                            Shaun
                            Last edited by thecartdesigner; 03-23-2016, 03:43 PM.
                            TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

thecartdesigner lol @ your knees. I'm sure that the work you can do would have a better result than anything I can do with instructions. Besides, this is 2016, GIFs are everywhere!

Comment

Working...
                              X