Modules - Features suddenly becoming disabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modules - Features suddenly becoming disabled

We've been noticing that features/modules we had enabled for months/years are suddenly disabled and we have to repeatedly go back and re-enable them. (We've been working on the new Beta platform, just in case that's relevant)

Today I had to re-enable Top Sellers, New Arrivals, Email a Friend but it won't let me re-enable Abandoned Carts Notification. Anyone else, or is it just us?

I have had that happen to the Abandoned Carts module several times since using the Beta Admin
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I will hold off on the Beta Admin.

On another note: I had to close my store for awhile. I chose to only disable the checkout page for SEO reasons. Shortly after doing that (one month ago) items that I had checked as "Hide" and "Not for Sale" were suddenly showing in my store. Some of the items were test items that have nothing to do with my actual store. It is a bit disconcerting when module and items randomly turn on and off.

Comment

Been telling them that for MONTHS about shipping methods and other things but no one seems to believe me in support. They always say that my support staff probably made the changes. I'm the only staff period. No support, no one to talk to, I work alone, maintain the site alone, blah blah blah....but I've been told to check the logs to see who made the changes...

Comment

We had our Saved Cart module get disabled by itself. I made a separate post regarding that.
          We had Store Language changes
          We had the Social Bookmarking code change

3dcart, please create some sort of module to compare code and settings before and after updates to make sure nothing changes. This has been going on for years and the level of apathy regarding the effects this has on Merchants is unbelievable.

Comment

Toobusy I'm with you. I conduct ALL operations on our web-store - no one else. I didn't even file a support ticket, because I knew it would go nowhere. I filed probably 50+ support tickets when I first started using 3dcart. Now, I will only submit them has a Hail Mary play ;^).

Comment

Well shipping calcs are off again, I just ate over $20 on an overseas package so I guess I go check that next to see what changed this time

Comment

This has happened to me numerous times when I switch to the BETA version of admin - TOP SELLERS, MAIL LIST signup, RSS Feeds, Abandoned Carts Notification, SEARCH settings all completely disappear. Very disconcerting, especially loosing the ability to search. Thank heavens I check my own website every now and again. 3dcart really needs to do more testing!
                Last edited by fabricgarden; 08-12-2015, 07:04 PM.
                Sue
                Fabric Garden
                fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

I just noticed that product options have just randomly disappeared from my products. 3dCart's record of one example says the last product change was made 8/10, however, the color option is completely missing today (9/10) but I had a customer place an order for the product on 8/25 and the color option was there. Has anyone else seen this issue? What is the cause? I did not do a voluntary switch to the new admin panel but was switched within the last couple of days.

Comment

OMG! This is beyond frustrating. I am the ONLY one making changes to website, and yesterday my "new releases" disappeared.. I was going NUTS trying to figure out what the heck caused that. Yesterday I was only messing with listing templates, not frame or anything of sorts. Well, after reading this post I went to check if new releases is enabled and sure enough, it was disabled. This is unacceptable. If I don't make the change, the change should not be there. I don't have the time to constantly monitor and spot changes I don't make. When you're working on something and then suddenly you see something "gone", you thing it was caused by what YOU changed and then it takes hours to realize the changes you made didn't cause it. There needs to be a checks and balances when rolling new versions or stuff. If the store has the feature enabled, LEAVE it ALONE. Worse yet, if something is disabled, it's disabled for a reason!!!

Comment

Hi sweet4u .. I am so sorry to hear about this. Did you, by any chance, open a ticket? There was a great thread in the beta section of the forum today, and one of the supervisors who monitors what is being said here said it is critical that tickets are opened. They are watching / compiling these issues, and I know there are some major fixes in the works. The more, the better.. just putting it out there. Fight the good fight.. and I truly hope these issues are a thing of the past very soon. A-

Comment

Hey guys, I was looking over some of these issues and see that many of them have been addressed with the latest release. If they are any new instances, please create a ticket so we could look into it.

Comment

3dcart-Alex Is there an option to disable the Redactor editor completely yet? As-in it doesn't even load when disabled? We need an option to keep it from loading, and an option to force that site-wide so no admin can accidentally destroy pages.

Comment

Alupis I double checked to make sure, but I couldn't find any settings to toggle it completely off. It's a complete replacement of the old one with no switch out. Funny enough, that's the first time I heard of that option. Have you considered submitting the idea to our uservoice for consideration for future releases?

Comment

3dcart-Alex We need to be able to fully disable the Redactor editor, because it's been proven (through many, many threads here in the forum) that while even in "code" editing mode, it's still re-interpreting the HTML and making changes. In "Code" editor mode, it more-or-less should act as a TextArea or notepad.

Comment

Working...
                              X