Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options Title for Drop-Down

Hi all,

So we sell some products that have color options to choose from. So the drop-down options might be:

[Option Title/Name]
    Choose Color:

[Options in Drop Down]
    -Red
    -White
    -Blue

So right now, when you go to a product, the "Red" option would be the "preselected" option. If you were to just click "Add to Cart", without choosing a different option, it would add the product in Red.

We have an occasional issue where the customer does not choose the "White" option - for example - that they intended to purchase (especially if the product picture already shows the item in White...they assume that this is the color that they are purchasing).

I feel like years ago we had it where the Title of the option ("Choose Color") was the first "preselected" option. I think we disabled that because customers were actually, for some reason, able to add the product to their cart with the TITLE instead of an actual available option.

So we would get an order that said:

Product ABC
    Color: Choose Color

Obviously that wasn't going to work for us :)

How can we get it to where a customer has to actually choose an option, without one being preselected, and where at the same time they cannot add the Option Title to their cart?

Thank you in advance!
    James

YES! We have this same issue.

Comment

If an option (choose color) is required, and no choice (red / blue) is selected, you will not be able to add the item to the cart. You will receive an error message.

If you have a choice pre-selected, the only way to unselect it is to delete this choice, and add it again, or export the options and change the "selected" column value to 0, then re-import.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
        If an option (choose color) is required, and no choice (red / blue) is selected, you will not be able to add the item to the cart. You will receive an error message.

If you have a choice pre-selected, the only way to unselect it is to delete this choice, and add it again, or export the options and change the "selected" column value to 0, then re-import.
        Hi elightbox,

Thanks for the input. I'm using an option template (Drop Image with a color swatch) for products that have the same grouping of available colors. No color option is pre-selected (via the radio button for "select") in the option template. So, the first color in the available colors for that item -- I suppose by default in whatever way it is coded in 3D Cart -- is what gets added to your cart if you clicked "Add To Cart" (even if you did not intend to choose that particular color). That's the issue that I'm having here...even without a "select", it's still making the first color in the list the "default" color to be added to the shopping cart.

*Yes, I have a drop-image with color swatches. Unfortunately that does not 100% prevent people from thinking they were going to get red even though the option image showed blue...

-James

Comment

Hi All - Was there ever a solution found to this? I am having the exact same issue

Comment

Yes it is possible. remove the option required as mentioned above by elightbox and the other issue you can get it done buy modifying some html. if you send me the link to that product i can take a better look on that
            tangopixel.com
            Website Design and Development

Comment

Thanks, a good example of the issue I am having is here: http://monogramminglife.com/Pigment-...Tan_p_484.html
              It seems to only happen when using the dropimage option. Please see the thread color option as an example.

Comment

Working...
              X