Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has something changed on the back end as far as setting up shipping ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has something changed on the back end as far as setting up shipping ??

I had set up my shop to charge a flat rate for shipping (US only) for all orders, and it was working exactly how I wanted it to - no worries about weights or quantities, just simple flat rate shipping via USPS Priority. Now I find that the cart is charging more. And I can't find where to fix it - where I set up the shipping cost is now gone. The only thing that is coming up is real time shipping and I don't think I want that. Do I?

I haven't found real time shipping to be very accurate either. I've had to adjust and readjust the flat rate by adding or subtracking a percentage so it's what I want it to be. Support and I have been on the phone over this issue, I've opened tickets over this issue, had Jimmy tell me that I need to request the feature (we won't go there). My shipping rates went wanky again the other day and I ended up eating a $20 difference. While I was on the phone with support on this issue a couple times I tell them to do a test order and get a rate, I open another window, go to USPS.com, fill in the same information and get a totally different rate. Why should that be? Its supposed to be pulling live rates. Everytime I think I have a work around figured out, it works, for awhile, and then it's gone again.

Comment

Thanks for the response toobusy - so when you say real time shipping - is that the only way to do shipping for usps? Is that something new (like in the last 6mos or so)? I don't remember seeing real time shipping before - I was able to put in an actual price for usps priority shipping and make it unassociated with any weight or quantity, just $5.75 for shipping no matter the quantity of items purchased. I don't see that area any more. I don't want to deal with weights on each product listing as I make clothing and accessories to order in multiple sizes. I recently carted 2 items to test a discount code and saw $9.60 for shipping - I had set Priority to $5.75 - and so I went into the backend to see what had been changed and could not edit priority shipping except for that + or - %.

Comment

That plus and minus is how I've had to do it for a long time now. I had my motors set up to ship for a flat rate of $15.00 and it won't do that any longer for some reason. If I could fill in the correct dimensions for a usps flat rate box it should pull that rate, but it doesnt. We can't put in fractions. So I did custom rates and those don't work either anymore. I'm not sure why and I just deal with it the best I can. International flat rate never comes in with an accurate quote, but it should, because it's pulling real time rates. NOT

Comment

Ok, so I'm going to see if it's possible to bypass 3dcart for shipping costs and have paypal handle it . . . looking into it

Comment

ok I can't figure out if it's possible to remove all 3dcart shipping costs/methods so that I can bypass 3dcart and have paypal add shipping

Comment

So I just ended up setting USPS Priority with no markup and weight set high (I don't put weights on my items but didn't want to take a chance) and shipping is being calculated at $5.75 for carts of $25 $85 and $150 so maybe that is settled :/

Comment

Working...
              X