CVV2 Mandatory in checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CVV2 Mandatory in checkout

Is it possible to make the CVV2 field a mandatory field in checkout? Not wanting to decline a transaction based on the CVV2 response, just want to force the customer to enter something in the CVV2 field.

Thanks.

So it appears that CVV2 field is mandatory by default. Checked with Authorize.net and they say they are being passed CVV value and the CVV response is viewable in my account interface. Appears the issue is that 3dcart is not parsing that data when the authorization comes back to them. Is anyone else not seeing CVV value for an order under the payment information section?

Comment

hoosierdraft This usually depends on the gateway merchant account being used in the store. Some gateways do not require the cvv2 and use only the card #,billing address, and expiration date. I understand your concern with making it mandatory in checkout for security and validation purposes. I can see about confirming if the gateway you are using requires it or not. Do you currently have a ticket open regarding this that I can look up?

Comment

Appears the issue is that 3dcart is not parsing that data when the authorization comes back to them
        This is interesting.
        We use StoneEdge, and I have noticed that no CVV2 responses are showing up when the orders come down from 3dcart. This has been going on for a while now.
        I just checked an old download file, and it looks like 3dcart is no longer sending the CVV2 code in the XML file.
        from the XML file:
        June 8, 2015: <VerificationValue>M</VerificationValue>
        Now: <VerificationValue/>

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcart-William View Post
          hoosierdraft This usually depends on the gateway merchant account being used in the store. Some gateways do not require the cvv2 and use only the card #,billing address, and expiration date. I understand your concern with making it mandatory in checkout for security and validation purposes. I can see about confirming if the gateway you are using requires it or not. Do you currently have a ticket open regarding this that I can look up?
          As previously stated in this thread, my gateway is Authorize.net. They do not REQUIRE it but they do PROCESS it and provide the CVV response. The ISSUE is that 3dcart is not properly storing the CVV RESPONSE. 3dcart use to parse and store the response value. SOMETHING has changed at 3DCART. Check out elightbox post in this same thread.

Comment

elightbox hoosierdraft Thanks for the information regarding this issue. I will investigate this with our development team soon as possible. Also to keep track of this in our system could you submit a support ticket with example orders? And in the subject address William Supervisor so it gets to me. This way you will get a status update on this directly. Thanks again!

Comment

If it helps any we also use Stoneedge with 3dcart but Paypal is our credit card processor and we are still getting the CVV2 verification information. In the XML file we get <CVV2>M</CVV2> which is how its always been. So I'd guess it is a change to how 3dcart handles authorize.net responses specifically, or a change in how authorize.net sends the information to 3dcart.

Comment

lukiegames Thanks for the feedback. I guess the issue has nothing to do with StoneEdge or the XML. The CVV2 response does not even show up on the order detail page in the 3dcart admin.
                It has to be that 3dcart is not capturing the response. Maybe due to a change in the the way Auth.net is sending the info to 3dcart.

Comment

3dcart-William Thank you for the response. I have opened a ticket (OLR-677-57623) and Jimmy Rodriguez is responded to it.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                    3dcart-William Thank you for the response. I have opened a ticket (OLR-677-57623) and Jimmy Rodriguez is responded to it.
                    Any update on thie elightbox or 3dcart-William ?

Comment

hoosierdraft and elightbox I apologize for the late response. I spoke to Jimmy today regarding this issue and the ticket. He's currently investigating the cause of this when using Authorize.net and he think it has something to do with having CIM enabled but can't confirm at this time. He says he will continue to investigate and update me soon as he has more information. Once he does I will let you guys know right away.

Comment

Thank you for the update 3dcart-William

Comment

Thanks for the update @3d-cart-William.

Comment

I have had info from 3dcart saying that the issue is with Authorize.net, Authorize Only transactions and the use of CIM. Anybody else seeing this issue that uses Authorize.net?

Comment

Two weeks in on this issue and not resolved. Still. Will continue to be squeaky wheel. Nobody else being effected??

Comment

Working...
                              X