Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posible to set a Waiting List stock message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posible to set a Waiting List stock message?

We have Inventory Control options for Default, Out of Stock, Back Order and Waiting List, but only have Stock Messages for In Stock, Back Order and Out of Stock. So, when I set Inventory Control to Waiting List, I have no way to specify a stock message for that stock setting. Currently, it just uses the Out of Stock message.

How can I customize the Waiting List stock message? I'm not looking to change it globally, like in Store Language, but on a per product basis.
    Last edited by JSCWebK; 09-04-2015, 12:17 PM.

Hi,

You should be able to change that message by going to Settings>Design>Store Language. If you want to speed things up when you get there, use whatever find feature you have available to find the term "Availability-waitinglist". If you want to find it manually, just scroll down until you can see the "Product" area, label "Availability-waitinglist". The value in the text box next to the label will say "Out of Stock.". You can change it there, then save your changes.

I hope that helped!

Alex Sanchez
    3dcart Technical Support Supervisor

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcart-Alex View Post
      You should be able to change that message by going to Settings>Design>Store Language. If you want to speed things up when you get there, use whatever find feature you have available to find the term "[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Open Sans][SIZE=14px]Availability-waitinglist". If you want to find it manually, just scroll down until you can see the "Product" area, label "Availability-waitinglist". The value in the text box next to the label will say "Out of Stock.". You can change it there, then save your changes.
      I need a way to change the Waiting List message on a per product basis. We use the Waiting List for all products that have 0 stock. Some 0 stock items may be sold out, others may be a pre-order item. Some items need to say "Sold Out", others may say "Coming Soon" but they both use the Waiting List function, so changing it in Store Language would affect them all globally, which is what I don't want.

Comment

There is no per product setting for waiting list. However for Sold Out products, you should set the inventory control to "out of stock"

Comment

You could use one of the Custom Fields to display a message individually. While it's down further down the page it would give the information.
          Joe Arbogast
          http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Create separate listing templates and change the wording in each template to what you want it to say. Set each product with the desired listing template, ie listing_50, listing_51 etc... Just copy the main template for each desired message.

Comment

Working...
            X