Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product URL

Hi,

Is it possible to have a product picture on the category page and then link it to a category rather then to a product detail page?

Thanks!
    Peter

There is no native setting in the software which would allow you to do this, though you could do it (and anything else) by editing code. A workaround would be to use assign product photos to subcategories and treat those subcategories as though they were products - this would allow you to edit the subcategory's "link" field to direct clicks wherever you want.

But, when people click on a product they expect to be taken to the product, not to another category. Unless you have a very unique design or situation, I don't know that this would be beneficial.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

create a subcategory upload a thumbnail for it, and then enter the url you want the customer to land on using the link section in the category build page. here is a screen shot of how I would set it up. You can use the subcategory pages to get this done. Noone would really know its a subcategory page. You probably wouldnt need to fill out all the boxes that I made notes for now that I think about it. since it will pretty much just be a url redirect. http://snag.gy/vw89H.jpg

Comment

Thanks I will use that info!
        peter

Comment

Working...
        X