Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimal Number of Products on a Single Page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimal Number of Products on a Single Page?

My most successful category has a little over 100 products (and growing). I'm thinking this is too many products per page. Does anyone know the recommend number? Also, I played around with making it 50 products per page, but I don't like the product meta tile on page two is exactly the same as page one. I'm thinking duplicate content in the eyes of Google. Thoughts?

I like 50 per page, but I also like to let the customer choose. I'm not sure what you mean by "product meta tile on page two is exactly the same as page one". Can you elaborate?

Comment

No, the content of the pages is different. Google is smart enough to know that you have an ecommerce store with multiple pages of products. You don't need to worry about duplicate content.

As for the quantity of products - as many as you can list without the page load time being noticeably affected. This is dependent on many factors and you have to consider traffic spikes and low end devices. Do some testing on your phone and see what works for your store, and try to fill up each row and column.
      - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Working...
      X