Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking a Poll... Who thinks the new 3dcart interface needs a face-lift ASAP???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a Poll... Who thinks the new 3dcart interface needs a face-lift ASAP???

I don't mind a little re-organization and having to re-learn where things are within my admin. But I think the huge text boxes and the way each page goes across and tabs and down and all over the place instead of one straight line down is so confusing to the user (us) and so un-user friendly. Who agrees?

I just got upgraded and there is so much scrolling and stuff way across the page. Going to take some getting used to and it is making me a little batty.

Comment

I just got upgraded as well... Not really a big fan and sales drop tremendously... I wonder why...

Comment

I was upgraded today and it's a hunt and search, but I think we'll all get used to it, but there is alot of "white space" and where you need bigger boxes, they're not so big, and there's some tweaking that could've been done and still needs to be done, but all in all, we're in it, so we might as well win it?

Comment

I agree with what someone said above. There is too much space to scroll thru to find things. The admin side needs to me compact and quick to navigate. Remember, this is for us to get information to the customer quick. Pull orders up, get/change information and move on. When we are scrolling and scrolling - it is wasted time for us when it is busy.

I like the new search features. It is much easier to pull up an order when a customer calls, thank you for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Toobusy View Post
            I was upgraded today and it's a hunt and search, but I think we'll all get used to it, but there is alot of "white space" and where you need bigger boxes, they're not so big, and there's some tweaking that could've been done and still needs to be done, but all in all, we're in it, so we might as well win it?

I agree with this. Too much white, not enough use of contrast colors for key buttons, links, etc.

A basic principle of graphic design is "control movement of the eye around the page". I find that locating stuff would be easier with some tweaking.

BP

Comment

Hate it. Wish I could've been skipped on this "upgrade". It's like Windows 8. "Features" added that weren't asked for. I have been with 3dcart since their inception and this is a major step backwards. I can't even list the shipping method that was used to ship the product. We have several vendors that drop ship product for us, using various shipping carriers, and we can no longer communicate shipping/tracking information. This will result in chargebacks because we can't provide accurate shipping/tracking info. There is no way to indicate how, or by what carrier, a product shipped. Plus all the searching and scrolling and hunting down the tabs and drop downs, looking for "hidden" menus and such, and etc. If it aint broke, why do you need to fix it several times over?
              Ugh.

Comment

Not a fan of it either. I feel I'm scrolling too much, and having to click more to get where I want to go.

I know they ran a BETA but man, how could a Control Panel that is this clunky make it to production?

Comment

I am not a fan of it... my employees are not a fan of it. Its hard to tell if its just new, or if it really is worse. (We all feel its worse, like many said above)

One ironic (?) issue is that this whole redesign was supposed to make it responsive. However its almost unusable on the phone. At least with the old deign you could zoom in and out and get around.

Comment

I agree, I'm using it for a few weeks now, and I did get use to it, but it is not working well on phones, which was the all point. I'm using Samsung S5, and when checking on order, you can not see the all order portion, it is like cutting the right side, and there is no scroll to slide it, and see the information.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution View Post
                      Not a fan of it either. I feel I'm scrolling too much, and having to click more to get where I want to go.

I know they ran a BETA but man, how could a Control Panel that is this clunky make it to production?
                      Agreed.

The scrolling left and right, and the huge amount of scrolling up and down is absolutely idiotic.

Page layout of having stuff strewn left and right across the screen is downright stupid.

The old system was much more intuitive, and far more productive to use.

I spend about double the amount of time trying to add new products.

I am seriously looking at pulling the plug on all 4 of my stores and taking them elsewhere.

ATTENTION 3DCART Management: YOU SCREWED UP!!!!!!!!!!

this new system is LAME
                      Last edited by hopsing; 11-09-2015, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Share your thoughts on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/3dCart/

Comment

Originally posted by hopsing View Post

Agreed.

The scrolling left and right, and the huge amount of scrolling up and down is absolutely idiotic.

this new system is LAME
                          I'm interested in what pages you are having to scroll left and right -- I can't find one. As far as up and down -- there are a couple that have a lot of info, like Site Language, but others are mostly two screens or less on my monitor.
                          Joe Arbogast
                          http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Trying to organize categories in to a certain sort order is time consuming and "click happy".
                            No longer is there a list with a spot to simply type in your sort order.... you have to edit each category, which involves far too many steps.

WHen running a business, whether small or large, the idea is to make things as efficient as possible, thereby reducing the amount of time it takes to do something, so you can reduce labor costs, and thereby accomplish more in a given period of time.
                            This new system is exactly the opposite - it is very inefficient trying to get things done because all the steps involved to do them.

Comment

hopsing - Have you tried using the category drag and drop? I find it pretty easy to reorder the categories this way.

Comment

Working...
                              X