This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dcart's POS system

I recently became aware of the new POS app that's available with v7 upgrade.

Is anyone out there using it, and if so, how are you liking it?

I am going to test it over the winter. I am hoping it works well. Thankfully I only do 3 shows a year where I see customers in person.

Comment

So far some issues with synchronized orders not showing up in my admin panel or deducting inventory after synchronization. Another is the use of the barcode scanner that they suggest and where we populate that data in the admin area.

Both items have tickets open with support on them, and am awaiting a response.

Comment

Still working on and having order issues. The POS orders are not pushing up to the cart like they are supposed to. Support has said that developers have to look at it and it will be a few weeks.

One would think that the synchronization of both platforms would have been tested before publishing the app.

Comment

What POS system are you referring to? Something other than the phone order page?

Comment

This is 3dCart's POS app. http://www.3dcart.com/point-of-sale-software.html

Comment

Evolution did you ever get the synchronisation working? I did my first order this morning on the POS system and it has not synchronised the order upload or sent an email to the customer.
              Sue
              Fabric Garden
              fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by fabricgarden View Post
                Evolution did you ever get the synchronisation working? I did my first order this morning on the POS system and it has not synchronised the order upload or sent an email to the customer.
                The emails will not send until you do an email synch.

The order synch's still do not work, and support has done nothing to resolve the issue other than tell me that the developers need to look at it.

If you look at the ratings on the app store the app has had issues (more than just the synch) since the releases.

It appears to me that like other features on 3d, they rushed this into production just to say they had the feature and did not do sufficient testing.

Comment

Evolution - thanks for the update. I suspected there might be issues - but this seems fundamental. As a minimum the stock levels should adjust. 3dcart-Alex 3dcart-Carlos 3dcart-Henry any idea when this product will be fully functional?
                  Sue
                  Fabric Garden
                  fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Hi I have persisted with this. I finally managed to sync my first 2 orders to 3dcart - however - it doesn't don't reduce inventory! Lol what is the point of the POS system? The only reason I want to use it is to have my online store reflect accurate stock levels when I sell in person. Currently I have to adjust manually. There seems to be no audit in 3dcart either so support can't tell me whether it is or isn't reducing inventory. I can tell them that it is not IN MY STORE. It may be in their test system! 3dcart-Carlos 3dcart-Geronimo 3dcart-Henry please could you look at. PS I have downloaded the latest version from the iTunes store and love the fact that it now sync's customers.
                    Sue
                    Fabric Garden
                    fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Hi Sue!

Glad to hear that you were able to sync! In regards to the inventory, do you have any screenshots or side by side information that I can look over? Also by chance do you have a ticket number so that if we cannot get it taken care of we can have the developers look at the issue with inventory. Thank you for your time!

Comment

3dcart-Geronimo I wish that the forums emailing worked consistently. I never know when a new post on a subscription has been made. The ticket number is OPF-434-46813. Unfortunately, I don't have before and after stock levels as I didn't know I was beta testing at the time of placing the order. (It does confirm my suspicion that 3dcart is not auditing stock updates). However, I do know that I sold increments of 0.2 and my stock levels were integer values. Therefore my expectation would be that if I had 6 in stock, I would now have 5.8 in stock. As we are still BETA testing this product, I will be sure to screen shot before / after shots the next time I sell via the POS system.
                        Sue
                        Fabric Garden
                        fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Hi Sue,

These 2 tips may help you on the forum emails:

1. When I first set up my forum profile, I used my Comcast email address and never received any emails at all. I found out from Support that Comcast was blacklisting 3dcart IP addresses, so rather than fight an ongoing and ultimately losing battle with Comcast, I changed my profile to my Gmail address. Other ISPs may be blocking 3dcart, too.

2. After reading a post, I go to the top of the page, and if I have a red and white number next to "Messages", I click it and
                          dismiss all my messages.

I get many more forum emails now - really.

Comment

Further to my message above - support has finally confirmed that it is an issue - ("I have reported this issue to our developers, I was able to replicate the behavior after multiple test." So if you are intending to use this app to update inventory levels consistently in 3dcart - I would wait until the bug is ironed out.
                            Sue
                            Fabric Garden
                            fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Well since I last posted here, there have been 2 app updates which I have dutifully installed. I am now on 1.5.2 Build 4. Two updates ago, the product sync mechanism failed again and hasn't been fixed in the latest update. Just a heads up.
                              Sue
                              Fabric Garden
                              fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X